Joseph A Baur
Affiliation: University of Pennsylvania
- Are sirtuins viable targets for improving healthspan and lifespan?Joseph A Baur
Department of Physiology and Institute for Diabetes, Obesity and Metabolism, Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Nat Rev Drug Discov 11:443-61. 2012..This Review covers the current status and controversies surrounding the potential of sirtuins as novel pharmacological targets, with a focus on SIRT1...
- Mitochondrial genome sequence analysis: a custom bioinformatics pipeline substantially improves Affymetrix MitoChip v2.0 call rate and accuracyHongbo M Xie
Center for Biomedical Informatics, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
BMC Bioinformatics 12:402. 2011....
- Biochemical effects of SIRT1 activatorsJoseph A Baur
Institute for Diabetes, Obesity, and Metabolism, and Department of Physiology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1804:1626-34. 2010..These efforts are especially important in light of the fact that SIRT1 activators are entering clinical trials in humans, and "nutraceutical" formulations containing resveratrol are already widely available...
- Resveratrol, sirtuins, and the promise of a DR mimeticJoseph A Baur
Institute for Diabetes, Obesity, and Metabolism, Department of Physiology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Mech Ageing Dev 131:261-9. 2010..This review summarizes recent work on resveratrol, sirtuins, and their potential to mimic beneficial effects of DR...
- Challenges of translating basic research into therapeutics: resveratrol as an exampleJames M Smoliga
Department of Health and Physical Education, Human Physiology Laboratory, Marywood University, Scranton, Pennsylvania, USA
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 67:158-67. 2012..The evidence for benefits of resveratrol in humans remains too sparse to be conclusive; yet, the limited data that are available, combined with a growing list of animal studies, provide a strong justification for further study...
- Resveratrol and life extensionBeamon Agarwal
Institute for Diabetes, Obesity, and Metabolism, Department of Physiology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, 19104, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1215:138-43. 2011..However, the poor phenotype of SIRT1 null mice has thus far precluded a more definitive test...
- Aging and sleep deprivation induce the unfolded protein response in the pancreas: implications for metabolismNirinjini Naidoo
Division of Sleep Medicine, Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA Center for Sleep and Circadian Neurobiology, Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Aging Cell 13:131-41. 2014....