V C Baum
Affiliation: University of Virginia
- Influence of congenital heart disease on mortality after noncardiac surgery in hospitalized childrenV C Baum
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908 0710, USA
Pediatrics 105:332-5. 2000..To evaluate the incremental risk of congenital heart disease on mortality after noncardiac surgery in children...
- When nitrous oxide is no laughing matter: nitrous oxide and pediatric anesthesiaVictor C Baum
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22908 0710, USA
Paediatr Anaesth 17:824-30. 2007..In addition, nitrous oxide can have direct and differing neurotoxic effects on both immature and aged brain, the clinical impact of which remains undetermined...
- Pediatric cardiac surgery: an historical appreciationVictor C Baum
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Virginia Medical Center, Charlottesville, VA 22908 0710, USA
Paediatr Anaesth 16:1213-25. 2006..Some of these continue to be performed in the original form, many in modified form and some are obsolete. The development of many of these important early operations is reviewed and they are placed in the context of their times...
- Nitrous oxide in pediatric anesthesia: friend or foe?Erica L Schmitt
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Curr Opin Anaesthesiol 21:356-9. 2008..Not only are there problems when used in patients with a variety of inborn errors of metabolism, but effects of nitrous oxide on the developing human brain are unknown...
- Late thrombosis of a drug-eluting stent presenting in the perioperative periodDuncan G de Souza
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908 0710, USA
Anesthesiology 106:1057-9. 2007
- Very early extubation in children after cardiac surgeryRobin L Kloth
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, VA, USA
Crit Care Med 30:787-91. 2002..We present our experience with very early extubation in an inclusive group of children after cardiac surgery...
- Cardiac trauma in childrenVictor C Baum
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA, USA
Paediatr Anaesth 12:110-7. 2002
- Are we improving after 10 years of humanitarian paediatric cardiac assistance?William M Novick
Department of Surgery, University of Tennessee Memphisn 38104, USA
Cardiol Young 15:379-84. 2005..Our foundation made 83 trips in support of cardiovascular services between April 1993 and March 2003 to help alleviate this problem. In this study, we present an analysis of our results over these period of 10 years...
- Paediatric cardiac assistance in developing and transitional countries: the impact of a fourteen year effortWilliam M Novick
Department of Surgery, University of Tennessee Health Sciences Centre, Memphis, TN 38104, USA
Cardiol Young 18:316-23. 2008..The ultimate benefit of such a programme is to improve the surgical abilities of the host institution. The purpose of this report is to present the impact of our programme over a period of 14 years...
- Does pancuronium cause prolonged postoperative intubation in cardiac patients?Victor C Baum
Anesthesiology 98:279; author reply 279. 2003
- Beginning a career in pediatric cardiac anesthesia: up the creek, but where's the paddle?Victor C Baum
Paediatr Anaesth 17:407-9. 2007
- Those who ignore the pastVictor C Baum
Paediatr Anaesth 18:191-2; author reply 192. 2008
- An orphan subspecialty, or whither pediatric cardiac anesthesia?Duncan G de Souza
J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 21:171-3. 2007