Affiliation: University of California
- Primary spinal syringomyelia. Invited submission from the joint section meeting on disorders of the spine and peripheral nerves, March 2005Ulrich Batzdorf
Division of Neurosurgery, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, California 90095 6901, USA
J Neurosurg Spine 3:429-35. 2005..Placement of a shunt into the syrinx cavity is reserved for patients in whom other procedures have failed or who are not candidates for other procedures...
- Clinical Presentation and Alternative Diagnoses in the Adult PopulationUlrich Batzdorf
Neurosurgery, Brain Research Institute, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA Electronic address
Neurosurg Clin N Am 26:515-7. 2015..Syringomyelia is not present in all Chiari patients possibly because of the involution of the central canal. Adults must also be evaluated for other causes of acquired Chiari malformations such as pseudotumor cerebri. ..
- Surgical treatment of Chiari malformation with and without syringomyelia: experience with 177 adult patientsUlrich Batzdorf
Department of Neurosurgery, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
J Neurosurg 118:232-42. 2013....
- Idiopathic thoracic spinal cord herniation: report of 10 patients and description of surgical approachUlrich Batzdorf
Department of Neurosurgery, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, 10833 Le Conte Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90095 6901, USA
J Spinal Disord Tech 25:157-62. 2012..In 9 patients, a sling was passed between the spinal cord and the anterior dural hiatus. The results were analyzed with respect to the neurological symptoms and imaging...
- Observations on spine deformity and syringomyeliaUlrich Batzdorf
Department of Neurosurgery, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 90095 6901, USA
Neurosurgery 61:370-7; discussion 377-8. 2007..It examines the incidence, severity, and type of spine deformity as it relates to the extent and location of laminectomies performed...
- Primary spinal syringomyelia: a personal perspectiveU Batzdorf
Department of Neurosurgery, UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles, California 90095 6901, USA
Neurosurg Focus 8:E7. 2000..Cyst obliteration is an experimental approach that cannot be evaluated at the present time...
- Thecal shunt placement for treatment of obstructive primary syringomyeliaSandi Lam
Department of Neurosurgery, University of California Los Angeles, California, USA
J Neurosurg Spine 9:581-8. 2008..The authors report on 7 patients who underwent thecal shunt placement for primary spinal syringomyelia...
- Syringomyelia associated with intradural arachnoid cystsLangston T Holly
Division of Neurosurgery, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California at Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
J Neurosurg Spine 5:111-6. 2006..The authors present a series of eight symptomatic patients in whom syrinx cavities were associated with arachnoid cysts, and they discuss treatment strategies for this entity...
- Sciatica of nondisc origin and piriformis syndrome: diagnosis by magnetic resonance neurography and interventional magnetic resonance imaging with outcome study of resulting treatmentAaron G Filler
Institute for Spinal Disorders, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, California, USA
J Neurosurg Spine 2:99-115. 2005....
- Slitlike syrinx cavities: a persistent central canalLangston T Holly
Division of Neurosurgery, University of California at Los Angeles Medical Center, 90095 6901, USA
J Neurosurg 97:161-5. 2002..The authors review their experience in the diagnosis and management of 32 patients with slitlike syrinx cavities...
- Posterior fossa reconstruction using titanium plate for the treatment of cerebellar ptosis after decompression for Chiari malformationVikram Udani
Department of Neurosurgery, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California in Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California, USA
World Neurosurg 81:836-41. 2014..We describe our use of a perforated titanium plate to perform a partial posterior fossa cranioplasty in the treatment of cerebellar ptosis and dural ectasia after posterior fossa decompression (PFD)...
- Management of cerebellar ptosis following craniovertebral decompression for Chiari I malformationL T Holly
Division of Neurosurgery, University of California Los Angeles Medical Center, 90095-6901, USA
J Neurosurg 94:21-6. 2001..Partial suboccipital cranioplasty, with or without intradural exploration, is effective in treating this condition...
- Anterior cervical foraminotomy for unilateral radicular diseaseJ P Johnson
Division of Neurosurgery, Department of Surgery, School of Medicine, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 90095 6901, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 25:905-9. 2000..It appears to be a good alternative procedure for carefully selected patients with unilateral cervical radiculopathy and avoids a fusion of the disc space...
- Thoracic spinal Pantopaque cyst and associated syrinx resulting in progressive spastic paraparesis: case reportE N Tabor
Division of Neurosurgery, University of California Los Angeles, School of Medicine, USA
Neurosurgery 39:1040-2. 1996..We describe a unique presentation of a thoracic spinal Pantopaque cyst. Although Pantopaque is no longer used, sequelae of its long-term use may continue to surface...
- Phenotypic definition of Chiari type I malformation coupled with high-density SNP genome screen shows significant evidence for linkage to regions on chromosomes 9 and 15Abee L Boyles
Center for Human Genetics, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina, USA
Am J Med Genet A 140:2776-85. 2006..5 cM. This linkage evidence supports a genetic role in Chiari malformation and justifies further exploration with fine mapping and investigation of candidate genes in these regions...
- Syringomyelia associated with foramen magnum arachnoiditisJörg Klekamp
Neurosurgical Clinic, Nordstadt Hospital, Hannover, Germany
J Neurosurg 97:317-22. 2002..The authors undertook a retrospective analysis of 21 patients with foramen magnum arachnoiditis (FMA) and syringomyelia treated between 1978 and 2000 to determine clinical course and optimum management...