Hirak S Basu
Affiliation: University of Wisconsin
- A small molecule polyamine oxidase inhibitor blocks androgen-induced oxidative stress and delays prostate cancer progression in the transgenic adenocarcinoma of the mouse prostate modelHirak S Basu
University of Wisconsin Paul P Carbone Comprehensive Cancer Center, Madison, WI 53792 5669, USA
Cancer Res 69:7689-95. 2009..These data show that polyamine oxidation is not only a major pathway for ROS production in prostate, but inhibiting this pathway also successfully delays CaP progression...
- Pretreatment with anti-oxidants sensitizes oxidatively stressed human cancer cells to growth inhibitory effect of suberoylanilide hydroxamic acid (SAHA)Hirak S Basu
Wisconsin Institutes for Medical Research, University of Wisconsin Carbone Comprehensive Cancer Center, Madison, WI 53705, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 67:705-15. 2011..We have examined whether the high oxidative stress in these cells causes a loss of SAHA activity and if so, whether pretreatment with an anti-oxidant can sensitize these cells to SAHA...
- Cyclopropane-containing polyamine analogues are efficient growth inhibitors of a human prostate tumor xenograft in nude miceBenjamin Frydman
SLIL Biomedical Corporation, 535 Science Drive, Suite C, Madison, WI 53711 1066, USA
J Med Chem 46:4586-600. 2003..In liver and kidney, the deethyl metabolites of 10 accumulated over a 96 h period after cessation of dosing...
- JunD mediates androgen-induced oxidative stress in androgen dependent LNCaP human prostate cancer cellsFarideh Mehraein-Ghomi
University of Wisconsin Paul P Carbone Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Wisconsin, Madison, USA
Prostate 68:924-34. 2008..We previously reported that androgen-androgen receptor induced ROS production in androgen-dependent LNCaP human prostate cancer cells is associated with increased JunD level/AP-1 transcriptional activity...
- Androgen receptor requires JunD as a coactivator to switch on an oxidative stress generation pathway in prostate cancer cellsFarideh Mehraein-Ghomi
University of Wisconsin Carbone Cancer Center and Departments of Oncology and Medicine, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI 53705, USA
Cancer Res 70:4560-8. 2010....
- Long-chain polyamines (oligoamines) exhibit strong cytotoxicities against human prostate cancer cellsAldonia Valasinas
SLIL Biomedical Corp, 535 Science Drive, Suite C, Madison, WI 53711, USA
Bioorg Med Chem 11:4121-31. 2003..Interestingly, all 10 oligoamines were efficient DNA aggregators in a cell-free system and their cytotoxicities generally parallel their capacities to aggregate DNA...
- Macrocyclic polyamines deplete cellular ATP levels and inhibit cell growth in human prostate cancer cellsBenjamin Frydman
SLIL Biomedical Corp, 535 Science Dr, Suite C, Madison, Wisconsin 53711 1066, USA
J Med Chem 47:1051-9. 2004..As ATP is a scarce metabolite in cancer cells, where it can only be replenished through the very ATP-inefficient glycolytic pathway; macrocyclic polyamines appear to be promising new anticancer agents...
- Induction of AP-1 activity by androgen activation of the androgen receptor in LNCaP human prostate carcinoma cellsDawn R Church
University of Wisconsin Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Wisconsin, Madison, USA
Prostate 63:155-68. 2005..Effects of androgen-activated androgen receptor on AP-1 activity were determined in the LNCaP human prostate carcinoma cell model...
- A novel polyamine analog (SL-11093) inhibits growth of human prostate tumor xenografts in nude miceBenjamin Frydman
SLIL Biomedical Corporation, Suite C, 535 Science Dr, Madison, WI 53711 1066, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 51:488-92. 2003..We tested the polyamine analog SL-11093 (3,8,13,18-tetraaza-10,11-[(E)-1,2-cyclopropyl]eicosane tetrahydrochloride) as an effective chemotherapeutic agent against human prostate cancer grown in nude mice...
- Prostate-Directed Antioxidant to Prevent Prostate CancerHIRAK BASU; Fiscal Year: 2007....