Affiliation: University of Pennsylvania
- Salmonella typhimurium as a novel RNA interference vector for cancer gene therapyDevraj Basu
The Wistar Institute and Department of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Cancer Biol Ther 7:151-2. 2008
- Evidence for mesenchymal-like sub-populations within squamous cell carcinomas possessing chemoresistance and phenotypic plasticityD Basu
Department of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Oncogene 29:4170-82. 2010..Taken together, these results provide evidence for a low-turnover, mesenchymal-like sub-population in SCCs with diminished EGFR pathway function and intrinsic resistance to conventional and EGFR-targeted chemotherapies...
- Detecting and targeting mesenchymal-like subpopulations within squamous cell carcinomasDevraj Basu
Department of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Cell Cycle 10:2008-16. 2011..Further, they provide evidence of mesenchymal-like subsets being well-represented across advanced stage SCCs, suggesting that intrinsic drug resistance in this subpopulation has high clinical relevance...
- EGFR inhibition promotes an aggressive invasion pattern mediated by mesenchymal-like tumor cells within squamous cell carcinomasDevraj Basu
Corresponding Authors Meenhard Herlyn, The Wistar Institute, 3601 Spruce Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104
Mol Cancer Ther 12:2176-86. 2013..They further show that EGFR inhibition can promote an infiltrative invasion front composed of mesenchymal-like cells preferentially in tumors where they are abundant before therapy...
- Stem-like cells and therapy resistance in squamous cell carcinomasNicole Facompre
Department of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA The Wistar Institute, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Adv Pharmacol 65:235-65. 2012..Development of novel SCC therapies will be aided by pursuing such mechanisms as well as refining current definitions for CSCs and clarifying their relevance to hierarchical versus dynamic models of stemness...
- A NOTCH3-mediated squamous cell differentiation program limits expansion of EMT-competent cells that express the ZEB transcription factorsShinya Ohashi
Gastroenterology Division, Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Cancer Res 71:6836-47. 2011....
- A temporarily distinct subpopulation of slow-cycling melanoma cells is required for continuous tumor growthAlexander Roesch
The Wistar Institute, 3601 Spruce Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Cell 141:583-94. 2010..These results suggest a new understanding of melanoma heterogeneity with tumor maintenance as a dynamic process mediated by a temporarily distinct subpopulation...