Affiliation: University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Prevalence of obesity in the United StatesM L Baskin
Department of Health Behaviour, School of Public Health, University of Alabama at Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Obes Rev 6:5-7. 2005..There is a need for further research to better understand why these increases have occurred, why the observed disparities exist and how to reverse these trends...
- The associations of perceived neighborhood disorder and physical activity with obesity among African American adolescentsAkilah Dulin-Keita
Institute for Community Health Promotion, Department of Behavioral and Social Sciences, Brown University, Providence, RI, USA
BMC Public Health 13:440. 2013....
- Predictors of moderate-to-vigorous physical activity (MVPA) in African American young adolescentsMonica L Baskin
Division of Preventive Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 1717 11th Avenue South, MT 618, Birmingham, AL 35205, USA
Ann Behav Med 45:S142-50. 2013..African American adolescents residing in the South are at increased risk for obesity and physical inactivity, yet our understanding of potential influences is limited...
- Introduction to the special supplement: prevention with persons living with HIVMonica L Baskin
Department of Health Behavior, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Shool of Public Heath, AL 35294 0022, USA
AIDS Educ Prev 17:1-5. 2005
- Predictors of retention of African American women in a walking programMonica L Baskin
UAB Comprehensive Cancer Center, Birmingham, AL 35294 4410, USA
Am J Health Behav 35:40-50. 2011..To predict retention of African American women 6 months after initiating a community walking program...
- Transition to adult care for adolescents with sickle cell disease: results of a national surveyJoseph Telfair
Department of Maternal and Child Health, School of Public Health, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 1665 University Blvd, Suite 320, Birmingham, AL 35294 0022, USA
Int J Adolesc Med Health 16:47-64. 2004....
- The impact of cost on the availability of fruits and vegetables in the homes of schoolchildren in Birmingham, AlabamaJamy D Ard
Department of Nutrition Sciences, University of Alabama, Birmingham, USA
Am J Public Health 97:367-72. 2007..We sought to determine whether fruit and vegetable cost and consumers' race and income would predict availability of fruits and vegetables in homes of schoolchildren in the Birmingham, Ala, area...
- Racial influences associated with weight-related beliefs in African American and Caucasian womenChristie Z Malpede
Department of Nutrition Sciences, Division of Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama, USA
Ethn Dis 17:1-5. 2007..The observed differences support a need for culturally specific interventions that promote good eating patterns and healthy body shapes...
- Toward the reduction of population obesity: macrolevel environmental approaches to the problems of food, eating, and obesityMyles S Faith
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, PA, USA
Psychol Bull 133:205-26. 2007..Contemplated policy changes should weigh scientific evidence with social judgments and values concerning changes to the environment...
- Sociocultural Influences on Dietary Intake Among Black Women in the Deep SouthMonica L Baskin; Fiscal Year: 2010....