Valerie N Barton
Affiliation: University of Colorado Denver
- PARP1 expression in pediatric central nervous system tumorsValerie N Barton
Department of Pediatrics, Anschutz Medical Campus, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, Colorado, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 53:1227-30. 2009..Poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase-1 (PARP1) is a DNA repair protein that has been studied in a variety of malignancies and may interfere with therapy-induced DNA damage, however expression in pediatric CNS tumors is unknown...
- Unique molecular characteristics of pediatric myxopapillary ependymomaValerie N Barton
Department of Pediatrics, Anschutz Medical Campus, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Brain Pathol 20:560-70. 2010..Aberrant expression of HOXB13 suggests possible recapitulation of developmental pathways in MEPN tumorigenesis. PDGFR alpha may be a potential therapeutic target in recurrent MEPN...
- Aurora kinase A as a rational target for therapy in glioblastomaValerie N Barton
Department of Pediatrics, Anschutz Medical Campus, University of Colorado Denver, Colorado 80045, USA
J Neurosurg Pediatr 6:98-105. 2010..It was hypothesized that inhibition of a molecular target associated with poor outcome would impact glioblastoma cell proliferation...
- Claudin 6 is a positive marker for atypical teratoid/rhabdoid tumorsDiane K Birks
Department of Neurosurgery, Anschutz Medical Campus, University of Colorado at Denver, Aurora, Colorado, USA
Brain Pathol 20:140-50. 2010..IHC staining results closely matched the level of mRNA expression detected by microarray. CLDN6 may be a useful positive marker to help further identify AT/RTs for diagnostic and treatment purposes...
- Clinical and molecular characteristics of congenital glioblastomaMargaret E Macy
Department of Pediatrics, University of Colorado, Denver, CO, USA
Neuro Oncol 14:931-41. 2012..Further study may determine whether identified gene expression differences contribute to the improved survival seen in these tumors...
- Survey of MicroRNA expression in pediatric brain tumorsDiane K Birks
Department of Neurosurgery, Anschutz Medical Campus, University of Colorado at Denver, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 56:211-6. 2011..The present study provides an initial survey of miRNA expression in pediatric central nervous system (CNS) malignancies including atypical teratoid/rhabdoid tumor, ependymoma, glioblastoma, medulloblastoma, and pilocytic astrocytoma...
- Immune gene and cell enrichment is associated with a good prognosis in ependymomaAndrew M Donson
Department of Pediatrics, University of Colorado Denver, Mail Stop 8302, P O Box 6511, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
J Immunol 183:7428-40. 2009....
- Insulin-like growth factor 2 mRNA binding protein 3 expression is an independent prognostic factor in pediatric pilocytic and pilomyxoid astrocytomaValerie N Barton
Department of Pediatrics, University of Colorado, Aurora, CO, USA
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 72:442-9. 2013..45; p = 0.016). High IMP3, as assessed by immunohistochemistry, has potential use as an additional predictor of poor prognosis in pediatric PA/PMAs and warrants evaluation in larger cohorts...
- Memory deficits in patients with pediatric CNS germ cell tumorsGreta N Wilkening
The Children s Hospital, Denver, Aurora, CO, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 57:486-91. 2011..Although case studies suggest that memory deficits may be associated with GCT, this is the first study to investigate memory function across a series of pediatric intracranial GCT patients...