Scott M Bartell
Affiliation: University of California
- Bias in half-life estimates using log concentration regression in the presence of background exposures, and potential solutionsScott M Bartell
Program in Public Health and Department of Statistics, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697 3957, USA
J Expo Sci Environ Epidemiol 22:299-303. 2012..Background exposures can contribute substantial bias to half-life estimates based on longer follow-up times, even when the background contribution constitutes a small fraction of total exposure at baseline...
- Rate of decline in serum PFOA concentrations after granular activated carbon filtration at two public water systems in Ohio and West VirginiaScott M Bartell
Program in Public Health, University of California, Irvine, California 92697 1250, USA
Environ Health Perspect 118:222-8. 2010..Two highly contaminated water districts began granular activated carbon filtration in 2007...
- Administrative censoring in ecological analyses of autism and a Bayesian solutionScott M Bartell
Program in Public Health, Department of Statistics, University of California, Irvine, 2241 Bren Hall, Irvine, CA 92697 1250, USA
J Environ Public Health 2011:202783. 2011..42 (95% CI: 1.09, 1.78) using the Bayesian approach. Inadequate attention to censoring poses a serious threat to the validity of ecological analyses of autism and other health outcomes...
- Estimating equations for biomarker based exposure estimation under non-steady-state conditionsScott M Bartell
Program in Public Health, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697 3957, USA
Environ Health 10:57. 2011..Simulation studies suggest that the estimating equations can provide accurate estimates of exposure magnitude at any reasonable sample size, and reasonable estimates of the exposure variance at larger sample sizes...
- Retrospective exposure estimation and predicted versus observed serum perfluorooctanoic acid concentrations for participants in the C8 Health ProjectHyeong Moo Shin
School of Social Ecology, University of California, Irvine, California 95616, USA
Environ Health Perspect 119:1760-5. 2011..People living or working in eastern Ohio and western West Virginia have been exposed to perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA) released by DuPont Washington Works facilities...
- Environmental fate and transport modeling for perfluorooctanoic Acid emitted from the washington works facility in west virginiaHyeong Moo Shin
School of Social Ecology, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, and Program in Public Health, University of California, Irvine, California, United States
Environ Sci Technol 45:1435-42. 2011..87. These models may be useful for estimating past and future public well water PFOA concentrations in this region...
- Temporal error in biomarker-based mean exposure estimates for individualsScott M Bartell
Department of Statistics and Graduate Group in Epidemiology, University of California, Davis, California 95616, USA
J Expo Anal Environ Epidemiol 14:173-9. 2004....
- Perfluorooctanoic acid exposure and pregnancy outcome in a highly exposed communityDavid A Savitz
Department of Epidemiology, Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island 02912, USA
Epidemiology 23:386-92. 2012..We assessed the association between perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA) and pregnancy outcome in an area with elevated exposure to PFOA from drinking water contaminated by chemical plant releases...
- Interpersonal and daily variability of personal exposures to nitrogen dioxide and sulfur dioxideKiyoung Lee
Department of Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine, University of California, Davis, One Shields Avenue, Davis, California 95616, USA
J Expo Anal Environ Epidemiol 14:137-43. 2004..The findings were similar for both NO(2) and SO(2), although the two air pollutants have different sources and behaviors...