Julio C Barredo
Affiliation: University of Miami
- Metformin induces apoptosis through AMPK-dependent inhibition of UPR signaling in ALL lymphoblastsGilles M Leclerc
Department of Pediatrics Hematology and Oncology, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, Florida, USA
PLoS ONE 8:e74420. 2013..Our findings provide evidence for a role of metformin in ALL therapy and support strategies targeting synthetic lethal interactions with Akt and PIM kinases as suitable for future consideration for clinical translation in ALL. ..
- Cytotoxic effect of 5-aminoimidazole-4-carboxamide-1-beta-4-ribofuranoside (AICAR) on childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) cells: implication for targeted therapyTapas K Sengupta
School of Life Sciences, Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Kolkata, India
Mol Cancer 6:46. 2007..We evaluated the effects of the AMPK activator AICAR on cell growth, cell cycle regulators and apoptosis of various childhood ALL cells...
- AMPK-induced activation of Akt by AICAR is mediated by IGF-1R dependent and independent mechanisms in acute lymphoblastic leukemiaGilles M Leclerc
Department of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, 1601 N, W, 12th Avenue, Miami, FL 33136 USA
J Mol Signal 5:15. 2010..We have shown previously that AICAR-induced AMPK activation also induced a compensatory survival mechanism via PI3K/Akt signaling...
- Inhibition of Akt potentiates 2-DG-induced apoptosis via downregulation of UPR in acute lymphoblastic leukemiaJoanna DeSalvo
Department of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL 33101, USA
Mol Cancer Res 10:969-78. 2012....
- AMPK and Akt determine apoptotic cell death following perturbations of one-carbon metabolism by regulating ER stress in acute lymphoblastic leukemiaJeffim N Kuznetsov
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, 1580 NW 10 Ave, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 10:437-47. 2011....
- Endoplasmic reticulum stress induced by 2-deoxyglucose but not glucose starvation activates AMPK through CaMKKβ leading to autophagyHaibin Xi
Sheila and David Fuente Graduate Program in Cancer Biology, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, 1550 NW 10th Avenue, Fox Building 406, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Biochem Pharmacol 85:1463-77. 2013..Taken together, our data support a model where under normoxia therapeutic (2-DG) and physiologic (GS) glucose restriction differentially activate autophagy, while under hypoxia they similarly inhibit it...
- PEDIATRIC ONCOLOGY GROUP--THE CAROLINAS CONSORTIUMJulio Barredo; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Molecular Determinants of Methotrexate in Acute Lymphoblastic LeukemiaJulio Barredo; Fiscal Year: 2007..More important, because these genetic abnormalities are not present in normal hematopoietic cells, they offer selective targets for gene therapy or other molecular approaches in ALL. ..