- Impulsive and premeditated aggression: a factor analysis of self-reported acts
E S Barratt
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, The University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston 77555 0443, USA
Psychiatry Res 86:163-73. 1999
..Impulsive aggression was characterized in part by feelings of remorse following the acts and by thought confusion. Premeditated aggression was related to social gain and dominance...
- Impulsive versus premeditated aggression: implications for mens rea decisions
Ernest S Barratt
Psychodiagnostic Service and Cognitive Neurosciences Laboratory, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, The University of Texas Medical Branch, 301 University Boulevard, Galveston, TX 77555 0189, USA
Behav Sci Law 21:619-30. 2003
- Psychiatric aspects of impulsivity
F G Moeller
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of Texas Houston Health Science Center, 77030, USA
Am J Psychiatry 158:1783-93. 2001
..The authors discuss the relationship of impulsivity to psychiatric disorders and present selected hypotheses regarding the reasons for these relationships...
- The impact of impulsivity on cocaine use and retention in treatment
F G Moeller
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of Texas Houston Health Science Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Subst Abuse Treat 21:193-8. 2001
..This study shows that impulsivity is a significant predictor of cocaine use and treatment retention, and suggests the need for targeting impulsivity in cocaine dependence treatment...
- Impulsive and premeditated subtypes of aggression in conduct disorder: differences in time estimation
Donald M Dougherty
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Medicine, Neurobehavioral Research Laboratory and Clinic, Wake Forest University School of Medicine Winston Salem, North Carolina 27157, USA
Aggress Behav 33:574-82. 2007
..This study confirms the importance of considering the role and type of physical aggression when studying heterogeneous diagnostic groups like CD and supports the relevance of time estimation to certain subgroups of adolescents with CD...
- Impulsivity, aggressiveness, and DSM-IV personality disorders
Faculty of Psychology, Vita Salute San Raffaele University, Milan, Italy
Psychiatry Res 149:157-67. 2007
..These results indicate that impulsive/aggressive traits may be useful in explaining both why Cluster B PDs tend to covary, and why they frequently differ in clinical pictures and courses...
- Impulsivity and BOLD fMRI activation in MDMA users and healthy control subjects
Ignacio H Valdes
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, 1300 Moursund, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Psychiatry Res 147:239-42. 2006
..A significant correlation between BIS scores and DLPFC activation was found, supporting a role for the DLPFC in BIS-measured impulsivity...
- Reduced punishment sensitivity in neural systems of behavior monitoring in impulsive individuals
Geoffrey F Potts
Rice University, Department of Psychology, MS 25, P O Box 1892, Houston, TX 77005 1892, USA
Neurosci Lett 397:130-4. 2006
- Reduced anterior corpus callosum white matter integrity is related to increased impulsivity and reduced discriminability in cocaine-dependent subjects: diffusion tensor imaging
Frederick Gerard Moeller
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 30:610-7. 2005
- P300 event-related potential amplitude and impulsivity in cocaine-dependent subjects
F Gerard Moeller
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of Texas Health Science Center Houston, Moursund, Houston, Texas, USA
Neuropsychobiology 50:167-73. 2004
..This study supports the hypothesis that the basic neurophysiology responsible for the P300 amplitude in cocaine-dependent individuals is associated with impulsivity independent of a history of childhood conduct disorder symptoms...
- Predicting borderline and antisocial personality disorder features in nonclinical subjects using measures of impulsivity and aggressiveness
Clinical Psychology and Psychotherapy Unit, Faculty of Psychology, Vita Salute San Raffaele University, via Stamira D Ancona, 20, 20127, Milan, Italy
Psychiatry Res 125:161-70. 2004
..These results indicate that in nonclinical subjects BPD and ASPD symptoms share a common impulsivity dimension but are linked to different aggressiveness facets...
- Psychometric properties of an adolescent version of the Barratt Impulsiveness Scale-11 for a sample of Italian high school students
Clinical Psychology and Psychotherapy Unit, San Raffaele Vita Salute University, Milan, Italy
Percept Mot Skills 95:621-35. 2002
..The new version correlated significantly with self-report measures of aggression and Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder as well as with frequency of alcohol use and cigarette smoking...
- Increased impulsivity in cocaine dependent subjects independent of antisocial personality disorder and aggression
F Gerard Moeller
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of Texas Health Science Center Houston, 1300 Moursund, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 68:105-11. 2002
..This study supports the hypothesis that the increased impulsivity as measured by the BIS-11 in cocaine dependent individuals is not exclusively due to concomitant increases in aggression or ASPD...
- Impulsivity, intelligence and P300 wave: an empirical study
Paolo M Russo
Department of Psychology, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Int J Psychophysiol 69:112-8. 2008
..It was suggested that impulsivity exerts a disadvantageous influence on the performance of tasks (such as those used on intelligence tests) in which exclusive concentration and sustained attention are necessary...