Affiliation: University of Iowa
- Dimensions of personality disturbance after focal brain damage: investigation with the Iowa Scales of Personality ChangeJoseph Barrash
Department of Neurology, University of Iowa, Iowa City, USA
J Clin Exp Neuropsychol 33:833-52. 2011..The findings indicate that conceptually distinctive dimensions with differential relationships to vmPFC can be derived from the Iowa Scales of Personality Change...
- Impairments of emotion and real-world complex behavior following childhood- or adult-onset damage to ventromedial prefrontal cortexSteven W Anderson
Department of Neurology, Carver College of Medicine, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
J Int Neuropsychol Soc 12:224-35. 2006..Greater focus on the contribution of emotional dysfunction to the real-world competencies of patients with damage in the VM region may sharpen their neuropsychological assessment and facilitate rehabilitation efforts...
- Decision-making deficits in normal elderly persons associated with executive personality disturbancesChristopher M Nguyen
Department of Neurology, Division of Cognitive Neuroscience, University of Iowa College of Medicine, Iowa, USA
Int Psychogeriatr 25:1811-9. 2013....
- Credibility of neuropsychological performances of Persian Gulf War veterans and military control subjects participating in clinical epidemiological researchJoseph Barrash
Department of Neurology, University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Mil Med 172:697-707. 2007..Findings supported the validity of noncredibility judgments and suggested that noncredible examinations are not a significant problem in neuropsychological investigations of GWVs...
- Prediction of driving ability with neuropsychological tests: demographic adjustments diminish accuracyJoseph Barrash
Department of Neurology, University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine, Iowa City, Iowa, USA
J Int Neuropsychol Soc 16:679-86. 2010..When predicting real-world activities that depend on absolute levels of cognitive abilities regardless of demographic considerations, predictive accuracy is diminished by demographic corrections...