Anthony P Barnes
Affiliation: University of North Carolina
- The identification of a second actin-binding region in spinophilin/neurabin IIAnthony P Barnes
Department of Pharmacology and Cancer Biology, Duke University, Durham, NC 27707, USA
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 124:105-13. 2004..The second ABD targets to spines inefficiently and thus may interact with and affect actin filaments in a different manner than the first ABD...
- Spinophilin regulates Ca2+ signalling by binding the N-terminal domain of RGS2 and the third intracellular loop of G-protein-coupled receptorsXinhua Wang
Department of Physiology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Dallas, TX 75390 9040, USA
Nat Cell Biol 7:405-11. 2005..These findings provide a general mechanism by which RGS proteins recognize GPCRs to confer signalling specificity...
- Phosphodiesterase 4D forms a cAMP diffusion barrier at the apical membrane of the airway epitheliumAnthony P Barnes
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology and Cystic Fibrosis Pulmonary Research and Treatment Center, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
J Biol Chem 280:7997-8003. 2005..These findings underscore the concept that subcellular localization of individual PDE isozymes is an important mechanism for confining cAMP signaling to functional domains within cells...
- Phosphorylation of Neurogenin2 specifies the migration properties and the dendritic morphology of pyramidal neurons in the neocortexRandal Hand
Department of Phamacology, Neuroscience Center, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
Neuron 48:45-62. 2005....
- LKB1 and SAD kinases define a pathway required for the polarization of cortical neuronsAnthony P Barnes
Neuroscience Center, Department of Pharmacology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Cell 129:549-63. 2007..Thus, we provide evidence in vivo and in vitro for a multikinase pathway that links extracellular signals to the intracellular machinery required for axon specification...