Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of California
- Visualization of cartilage formation: insight into cellular properties of skeletal progenitors and chondrodysplasia syndromesMaria Barna
Molecular Biology Program, Weill Graduate School of Medical Sciences of Cornell University, New York, NY 10021, USA
Dev Cell 12:931-41. 2007..These findings shed light on the cellular basis for chondrodysplasia syndromes and formation of the vertebrate skeleton...
- Essential role of Plzf in maintenance of spermatogonial stem cellsJose A Costoya
Cancer Biology and Genetics Program, Department of Pathology Sloan Kettering Institute, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
Nat Genet 36:653-9. 2004..These results identify Plzf as a spermatogonia-specific transcription factor in the testis that is required to regulate self-renewal and maintenance of the stem cell pool...
- Gli3 and Plzf cooperate in proximal limb patterning at early stages of limb developmentMaria Barna
Weill Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Cornell University, New York, New York 10021, USA
Nature 436:277-81. 2005..The initial division of the vertebrate limb into two distinct molecular domains is consistent with fossil evidence indicating that the upper and lower extremities of the limb have different evolutionary origins...
- Suppression of Myc oncogenic activity by ribosomal protein haploinsufficiencyMaria Barna
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of California San Francisco, Rock Hall Room 384C, 1550 Fourth Street, San Francisco, California 94158 2517, USA
Nature 456:971-5. 2008....
- Plzf mediates transcriptional repression of HoxD gene expression through chromatin remodelingMaria Barna
Molecular Biology Program, Department of Pathology, Sloan Kettering Institute, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Dev Cell 3:499-510. 2002..We propose a model by which the balance between activating morphogenic signals and transcriptional repressors such as Plzf establishes proper Hox gene expression boundaries in the limb bud...