Affiliation: University of Rochester
- Pharmacotherapy of painful diabetic neuropathyRichard Barbano
University of Rochester, Department of Neurology, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Curr Pain Headache Rep 7:169-77. 2003..There is great hope that the future may hold treatments that would prevent nerve damage...
- Effectiveness, tolerability, and impact on quality of life of the 5% lidocaine patch in diabetic polyneuropathyRichard L Barbano
Department of Neurology, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Arch Neurol 61:914-8. 2004..The treatment of painful diabetic polyneuropathy (DPN) is often inadequate and frequently limited by the systemic adverse effects of medications, necessitating the evaluation of novel treatments...
- Skin biopsy and quantitative sensory testing do not predict response to lidocaine patch in painful neuropathiesDavid N Herrmann
Department of Neurology, University of Rochester Medical Center, 601 Elmwood Ave, Box 673, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Muscle Nerve 33:42-8. 2006..Further studies are required to clarify precisely the mechanism and site of action of the lidocaine patch in patients with peripheral neuropathic pain...
- An open-label study of the lidocaine patch 5% in painful idiopathic sensory polyneuropathyDavid N Herrmann
Department of Neurology, University of Rochester, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
Pain Med 6:379-84. 2005..We have therefore conducted a safety, tolerability, and effectiveness study of the lidocaine patch 5% in painful idiopathic distal sensory polyneuropathy...
- A randomized, placebo-controlled trial of oxycodone and of gabapentin for acute pain in herpes zosterRobert H Dworkin
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Box 604, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Pain 142:209-17. 2009....