Affiliation: University of Massachusetts Medical School
- Prevalence of overweight in children and adolescents with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and autism spectrum disorders: a chart reviewCarol Curtin
Eunice Kennedy Shriver Center, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Waltham, MA, USA
BMC Pediatr 5:48. 2005..The purpose of our study was to determine the prevalence of overweight among a clinical population of children diagnosed with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and autism spectrum disorders (ASD)...
- Comparison of physical activity between children with autism spectrum disorders and typically developing childrenLinda G Bandini
Eunice Kennedy Shriver Center, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Waltham, MA, and Department of Health Sciences, Boston University, Boston, MA, USA
Autism 17:44-54. 2013....
- Prevalence of overweight in children with developmental disorders in the continuous national health and nutrition examination survey (NHANES) 1999-2002Linda G Bandini
University of Massachusetts Medical School, Eunice Kennedy Shriver Center, Waltham, Massachusetts, USA
J Pediatr 146:738-43. 2005..To estimate the prevalence of overweight in children identified with developmental disorders on the basis of nationally representative survey data...
- The prevalence of obesity in children with autism: a secondary data analysis using nationally representative data from the National Survey of Children's HealthCarol Curtin
Department of Family Medicine and Community Health, University of Massachusetts Medical School EK Shriver Center, 200 Trapelo Road, Waltham, MA 02452, USA
BMC Pediatr 10:11. 2010..The goal of the current study was to estimate the prevalence of obesity in children and adolescents with autism...
- Association between adult attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder and obesity in the US populationSherry L Pagoto
Department of Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, Massachusetts, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 17:539-44. 2009..Mediation analyses suggest that binge eating disorder (BED), but not depression, partially mediates the associations between ADHD and both overweight and obesity. Results suggest that adult ADHD is associated with overweight and obesity...
- Activity, inactivity, and screen time in relation to weight and fatness over adolescence in girlsAviva Must
Department of Public Health and Family Medicine, Tufts University School of Medicine, 136 Harrison Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 15:1774-81. 2007..We examined the longitudinal relationship of physical activity, inactivity, and screen time with relative weight status and percentage body fat (%BF) and explored how it differed by parental overweight status...
- Behavioral risk factors in relation to visceral adipose tissue deposition in adolescent femalesAviva Must
Department of Public Health and Family Medicine, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA, USA
Int J Pediatr Obes 3:28-36. 2008..To characterize visceral adipose tissue (VAT) and subcutaneous abdominal adipose tissue (SAAT) deposition in girls over the pubertal period and to assess the influence of behavioral risk factors on their deposition...
- Does menarche mark a period of elevated resting metabolic rate?Jennifer L Spadano
General Clinical Research Center, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge 02139, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 286:E456-62. 2004..Thus parental overweight may influence changes that occur in RMR during adolescence in girls...
- A longitudinal comparison of body composition by total body water and bioelectrical impedance in adolescent girlsSarah M Phillips
Department of Family Medicine and Community Health, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA, USA
J Nutr 133:1419-25. 2003..937 + (0.389 x height(2)/resistance) + (0.285 x weight) + (0.124 x height) + (0.543 x black race) + (0.393 x other race). Overall, we found that BIA provided accurate estimates of the change in both FFM and %BF over time...
- Longitudinal changes in the accuracy of reported energy intake in girls 10-15 y of ageLinda G Bandini
General Clinical Research Center, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 78:480-4. 2003..However, significant underreporting of total energy intake (EI) has been found when EI is compared with total energy expenditure (EE) measured by doubly labeled water...
- Relation of body mass index and body fatness to energy expenditure: longitudinal changes from preadolescence through adolescenceLinda G Bandini
Department of Health Sciences, Boston University, Boston, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 80:1262-9. 2004..Although it is widely accepted that weight gain results when energy intake exceeds energy expenditure (EE), how reduced EE contributes to the development of obesity remains unclear...
- Energy-dense snack food intake in adolescence: longitudinal relationship to weight and fatnessSarah M Phillips
Department of Family Medicine and Community Health, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
Obes Res 12:461-72. 2004..DISCUSSION: In this cohort of initially nonobese girls, overall EDS food consumption does not seem to influence weight status or fatness change over the adolescent period...
- Relation of body composition, parental overweight, pubertal stage, and race-ethnicity to energy expenditure among premenarcheal girlsLinda G Bandini
Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition, New England Medical Center, Boston, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 76:1040-7. 2002..Previous studies assessed the influence of parental weight status, sexual maturation, race-ethnicity, and energy expenditure among children, but few examined these issues comprehensively...
- Diet, Activity and Obesity in Children with AutismLinda Bandini; Fiscal Year: 2007..A better understanding of these factors has the potential to inform current clinical practice and future health promotion efforts in children with autism. ..
- ENERGY EXPENDITURE AND THE INCIDENCE OF OBESITYLinda Bandini; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..