C F Baldassano
Affiliation: University of Pennsylvania
- Omega-3 fatty acids decreased irritability of patients with bipolar disorder in an add-on, open label studyKemal Sagduyu
University of Missouri Kansas City, 8801 West 148th Terrace, Overland Park, KS 66221, USA
Nutr J 4:6. 2005....
- Illness course, comorbidity, gender, and suicidality in patients with bipolar disorderClaudia F Baldassano
Department of Psychiatry, Outpatient Program, University of Pennsylvania, PA, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 67:8-11. 2006..STEP-BD data about gender differences are also discussed, and correlates of suicidal ideation among patients entering the program are described...
- Gender differences in bipolar disorder: retrospective data from the first 500 STEP-BD participantsClaudia F Baldassano
Bipolar Disorders Program, Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Bipolar Disord 7:465-70. 2005..To examine gender differences in a large sample of patients with bipolar illness...
- Assessment tools for screening and monitoring bipolar disorderClaudia F Baldassano
Bipolar Outpatient Clinical Program, Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, 19104, USA
Bipolar Disord 7:8-15. 2005..To review the availability and suitability of tools for screening, diagnosing, and monitoring people with bipolar disorder in both psychiatric and general practice...
- Bipolar depression: an evidence-based approachClaudia F Baldassano
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, 3535 Market Street, 2nd Floor, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Curr Psychiatry Rep 13:483-7. 2011..In this article, we focus on the treatment of bipolar depression, with particular focus on evidence from the existing literature, to help guide readers in clinical practice...
- Acute treatment of bipolar depression with adjunctive zonisamide: a retrospective chart reviewClaudia F Baldassano
Bipolar Outpatient Program, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104 3309, USA
Bipolar Disord 6:432-4. 2004..This retrospective chart review evaluated the use of zonisamide as adjunctive treatment in patients with bipolar depression...
- Rethinking the treatment paradigm for bipolar depression: the importance of long-term managementClaudia F Baldassano
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
CNS Spectr 9:11-8. 2004..To date, three agents--lithium, lamotrigine, and olanzapine--have been shown to have prophylactic benefits in treating this highly recurrent disorder...
- What drugs are best for bipolar depression?Claudia F Baldassano
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Ann Clin Psychiatry 15:225-32. 2003..Additional factors, such as side effects, risk/benefit issues, and drug-drug interactions, will be considered in an attempt to make overall recommendations for medication selection...
- Ziprasidone-associated mania: a case series and review of the mechanismC F Baldassano
Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphis, USA
Bipolar Disord 5:72-5. 2003..We advocate future studies to evaluate ziprasidone's efficacy in treating bipolar disorder and caution clinicians that induction of mania or hypomania may be possible with this agent...
- Antidepressant discontinuation in bipolar depression: a Systematic Treatment Enhancement Program for Bipolar Disorder (STEP-BD) randomized clinical trial of long-term effectiveness and safetyS Nassir Ghaemi
Mood Disorders Program, Department of Psychiatry, Tufts Medical Center, 800 Washington St, Box 1007, Boston, MA 02111, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 71:372-80. 2010..To assess long-term effectiveness and safety of randomized antidepressant discontinuation after acute recovery from bipolar depression...
- The current understanding of lamotrigine as a mood stabilizerChang Gyu Hahn
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Philadelphia 19104, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 65:791-804. 2004..To examine whether lamotrigine has a unique role in the treatment of bipolar disorder, we evaluated the results of recent clinical trials and molecular and cell biological studies on lamotrigine...
- Bipolar spectrum disorder: a pilot studyS Nassir Ghaemi
Bipolar Disorder Research Program, Department of Psychiatry, Cambridge Health Alliance, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Psychopathology 37:222-6. 2004..Further prospective study needs to be conducted comparing BSD with unipolar depression...
- Antidepressant treatment in bipolar versus unipolar depressionS Nassir Ghaemi
Department of Psychiatry, Cambridge Hospital, MA 02139, USA
Am J Psychiatry 161:163-5. 2004..Antidepressant responses were compared in DSM-IV bipolar and unipolar depression...
- Self-reported history of manic/hypomanic switch associated with antidepressant use: data from the Systematic Treatment Enhancement Program for Bipolar Disorder (STEP-BD)Christine J Truman
Finney Psychotherapy Associates, Norfolk, VA, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 68:1472-9. 2007....
- An open prospective study of zonisamide in acute bipolar depressionS Nassir Ghaemi
Bipolar Disorder Research Program, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Emory University School of Medicine, 1365 Clifton Road, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
J Clin Psychopharmacol 26:385-8. 2006..To examine the effectiveness and safety of zonisamide in the treatment of acute bipolar depression...
- Menstrual dysfunction prior to onset of psychiatric illness is reported more commonly by women with bipolar disorder than by women with unipolar depression and healthy controlsHadine Joffe
Perinatal and Reproductive Psychiatry Clinical Research Program, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 67:297-304. 2006..However, it is not always clear whether such abnormalities, reflecting disruption of the hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal (HPG) axis, are caused by psychotropic treatments or associated with the disorder per se...
- Treatment of bipolar depressionRobert M Post
Bipolar Collaborative Network, Chevy Chase, Maryland, USA
CNS Spectr 8:1-10; quiz 11. 2003..Other adjuncts for treatment-refractory patients include monoamine oxidase inhibitors and electroconvulsive therapy...
- Desipramine toxicity with terbinafineJames M Hetznecker
Am J Psychiatry 159:492. 2002