E A Balas
Affiliation: University of Missouri
- Electronic communication with patients. Evaluation of distance medicine technologyE A Balas
Health Services Management Program and Integrated Technology Services, School of Medicine, University of Missouri, Columbia 65211, USA
JAMA 278:152-9. 1997..To evaluate controlled evidence on the efficacy of distance medicine technologies in clinical practice and health care outcome...
- Effect of physician profiling on utilization. Meta-analysis of randomized clinical trialsE A Balas
Program in Health Services Management, University of Missouri, Columbia 65211, USA
J Gen Intern Med 11:584-90. 1996..The results of this study indicate a need for controlled clinical evaluations before subjecting large numbers of physicians to utilization management interventions...
- Improving preventive care by prompting physiciansE A Balas
School of Medicine, University of Missouri, Columbia 65211, USA
Arch Intern Med 160:301-8. 2000..To assess the impact of prompting physicians on health maintenance, answer questions regarding the mode of delivery, and identify opportunities and limitations of this information intervention...
- Patient acceptance of educational voice messages: a review of controlled clinical studiesS Krishna
Center for Health Care Quality, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO, USA
Methods Inf Med 41:360-9. 2002..The objective of this study was to evaluate controlled evidence on the impact of automated computer-based telephone messaging technology upon health outcomes, cost savings and acceptance by patients, caregivers and care providers...
- Information technology can enhance quality in regional health deliveryN Maglaveras
Aristotelian University, Medical School, Lab of Medical Informatics Thessaloniki, Macedonia, Greece
Methods Inf Med 41:393-400. 2002..c) Presentation of a generic user model for reference when developing and assessing IT based health delivery solutions...
- Home care delivery through the mobile telecommunications platform: the Citizen Health System (CHS) perspectiveN Maglaveras
Lab of Medical Informatics, The Medical School, Aristotelian University, Box 323, 54124, Macedonia, Thessaloniki, Greece
Int J Med Inform 68:99-111. 2002....