D G Baker
Affiliation: University of Cincinnati
- Cerebrospinal fluid and plasma beta-endorphin in combat veterans with post-traumatic stress disorderD G Baker
Psychiatry Service, Cincinnati Veterans Affairs Medical Center, OH 15220, USA
Psychoneuroendocrinology 22:517-29. 1997..Poor correlation between CSF and plasma ir beta END limits use of plasma measures to assess CNS opioid activity...
- Serial CSF corticotropin-releasing hormone levels and adrenocortical activity in combat veterans with posttraumatic stress disorderD G Baker
Psychiatry Service, Cincinnati VA Medical Center, OH, USA
Am J Psychiatry 156:585-8. 1999..They also sought to assess the relationship among PTSD symptoms, adrenocortical activity, and CSF CRH levels...
- Plasma and cerebrospinal fluid interleukin-6 concentrations in posttraumatic stress disorderD G Baker
Psychiatry Service, Cincinnati Veterans Affairs Medical Center and the Department of Psychiatry, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, Ohio 45220, USA
Neuroimmunomodulation 9:209-17. 2001..The purpose of this study was to assess the relation of IL-6 levels and hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal and noradrenergic activity in patients with well-characterized PTSD...
- The effect of feeding on cerebrospinal fluid corticotropin-releasing hormone levels in humansJ W Kasckow
Cincinnati VAMC, Psychiatry Service, 3200 Vine St, Cincinnati, OH 45220, USA
Brain Res 904:218-24. 2001..Alternatively, our findings could also reflect changes in CRH levels associated with feeding in multiple brain areas and in the spinal cord with the net effect being in the negative direction...
- Diagnostic status and treatment recommendations for Persian Gulf War Veterans with multiple nonspecific symptomsD G Baker
Department of Psychiatry, and Department of Medicine, Cincinnati Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45220, and University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH 45267, USA
Mil Med 166:972-81. 2001..More than half of those with GWI had a treatable anxiety or depressive disorder. The SF-36 was a valid predictor of mental health status, particularly when paired with the Hamilton depression interview...
- Intra- and inter-individual relationships between central and peripheral serotonergic activity in humans: a serial cerebrospinal fluid sampling studyJ R Strawn
Department of Psychiatry, Cincinnati VAMC and University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH, USA
Life Sci 71:1219-25. 2002..However, plasma 5-HIAA concentrations provide no significant information about absolute levels of the serotonin metabolite in the CSF...