Christopher D Baker
Affiliation: University of Colorado Denver
- Cord blood angiogenic progenitor cells are decreased in bronchopulmonary dysplasiaChristopher D Baker
Paediatric Heart Lung Center, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Eur Respir J 40:1516-22. 2012..Circulating vascular progenitor cells are decreased in the cord blood of preterm infants who develop moderate and severe BPD. These findings suggest that prenatal factors contribute to late respiratory outcomes in preterm infants...
- Endothelial colony-forming cell conditioned media promote angiogenesis in vitro and prevent pulmonary hypertension in experimental bronchopulmonary dysplasiaChristopher D Baker
Pediatric Heart Lung Center, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Mail Stop 8614, 12700 E 19th Ave, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 305:L73-81. 2013..During oxidative stress, preterm ECFC-CM, but not term ECFC-CM, loses its benefit. The inability of term ECFC-CM to promote alveolarization may limit its therapeutic potential. ..
- Cord blood endothelial colony-forming cells from newborns with congenital diaphragmatic herniaChristopher D Baker
Pediatric Heart Lung Center, University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine, Aurora, CO Electronic address
J Pediatr 163:905-7. 2013..Unlike newborns who develop bronchopulmonary dysplasia, those with congenital diaphragmatic hernia had increased and highly-proliferative cord blood ECFCs. ..
- Endothelial colony-forming cells from preterm infants are increased and more susceptible to hyperoxiaChristopher D Baker
Pediatric Heart Lung Center, University of Colorado, Denver School of Medicine, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 180:454-61. 2009..Endothelial progenitor cells, such as self-renewing highly proliferative endothelial colony-forming cells (ECFCs), may participate in vascular repair. The effect of hyperoxia on ECFC growth is unknown...
- Hyperoxia disrupts vascular endothelial growth factor-nitric oxide signaling and decreases growth of endothelial colony-forming cells from preterm infantsHideshi Fujinaga
Pediatric Heart Lung Center Univ of Colorado Denver School of Medicine, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 297:L1160-9. 2009..NO treatment also increases growth during hyperoxia. Exogenous VEGF or NO may protect preterm ECFCs from the adverse effects of hyperoxia and preservation of ECFC function may improve outcomes of preterm infants...