Genomes and Genes
Julia N Bailey
Affiliation: University of California
- Identifying rare variants from exome scans: the GAW17 experienceSaurabh Ghosh
Human Genetics Unit, Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata 700018, India
BMC Proc 5:S1. 2011....
- Co-regulation and multilocus determinants of gene expression in humansBerit Kerner
Center for Neurobehavioral Genetics, Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior, 695 Charles E, Young Drive South, Los Angeles, California 90095 1761, USA
BMC Proc 1:S88. 2007..CONCLUSION : The complex nature of gene regulation can be explored by linkage analysis with single-nucleotide polymorphisms followed by multivariate methods to explore co-regulation...
- PTSD and dopaminergic genes, DRD2 and DAT, in multigenerational families exposed to the Spitak earthquakeJulia N Bailey
Department of Epidemiology, David Gethen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, California 90073, USA
Psychiatry Res 178:507-10. 2010..These findings contradict prior reports of positive associations between both DRD2 and DAT, and PTSD...
- Including endophenotypes as covariates in variance component heritability and linkage analysisJulia N Bailey
Neuropsychiatric Institute and Epilepsy Genetics Genomics Laboratories, University of California at Los Angeles School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA, USA
BMC Genet 6:S49. 2005..The use of inclusion of covariates did not appear to have any consistent advantage or disadvantage for the different phenotypes in regards to gene localization or false positive rate...
- The association of DRD4 and novelty seeking is found in a nonhuman primate modelJulia N Bailey
Center for Primate Neuroethology, Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
Psychiatr Genet 17:23-7. 2007..The objective of this study was to test the generality of the association in a captive nonhuman primate population of known history, using objective methods for assessing novelty seeking and a pedigree-based association design...
- Heritabilities of symptoms of posttraumatic stress disorder, anxiety, and depression in earthquake exposed Armenian familiesArmen K Goenjian
UCLA Duke University National Center for Child Traumatic Stress, University of California, Los Angeles, USA
Psychiatr Genet 18:261-6. 2008..To examine the heritabilities of symptoms of posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD), anxiety, depression, and the shared genetic component of these symptoms among family members exposed to the 1988 Spitak earthquake in Armenia...
- The quest for juvenile myoclonic epilepsy genesAntonio V Delgado-Escueta
Epilepsy Genetics Genomics Laboratories, Neurology and Research Services, VA GLAHS West Los Angeles, CA, USA
Epilepsy Behav 28:S52-7. 2013..Five Mendelian JME genes have been identified, namely, CACNB4, CASR, GABRa1, GABRD, and Myoclonin1/EFHC1. Three SNP alleles in BRD2, Cx-36, and ME2 and microdeletions in 15q13.3, 15q11.2, and 16p13.11 also contribute risk to JME...
- Maternal and offspring dopamine D4 receptor genotypes interact to influence juvenile impulsivity in vervet monkeysLynn A Fairbanks
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, Semel Institute, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Psychol Sci 23:1099-104. 2012..These results highlight the importance of considering the genotype of the parents in studies of early experience and vulnerability genes for impulsivity-related traits...
- Heritability and genetic correlation of hair cortisol in vervet monkeys in low and higher stress environmentsLynn A Fairbanks
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, Semel Institute, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Psychoneuroendocrinology 36:1201-8. 2011..The results provide support for an additive model of the effects of genes and environment on this measure of long term HPA activity...
- Association of TPH1, TPH2, and 5HTTLPR with PTSD and depressive symptomsArmen K Goenjian
UCLA Duke University National Center for Child Traumatic Stress, Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, University of California, Los Angeles UCLA, USA
J Affect Disord 140:244-52. 2012..To examine the potential contribution of the serotonin hydroxylase (TPH1 and TPH2) genes, and the serotonin transporter promoter polymorphism (5HTTLPR) to the unique and pleiotropic risk of PTSD symptoms and depressive symptoms...
- A quantitative trait locus for variation in dopamine metabolism mapped in a primate model using reference sequences from related speciesNelson B Freimer
Center for Neurobehavioral Genetics, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:15811-6. 2007....
- A genetic linkage map of the vervet monkey (Chlorocebus aethiops sabaeus)Anna J Jasinska
Center for Neurobehavioral Genetics, The Jane and Terry Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior, University of California, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
Mamm Genome 18:347-60. 2007..Our results support the notion that large inversions played a less prominent role in the evolution within the group of the Old World monkeys compared to the human and chimpanzee lineages...
- Effects on promoter activity of common SNPs in 5' region of GABRB3 exon 1AMiyabi Tanaka
Department of Molecular and Medical Pharmacology, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 90095 1735, USA
Epilepsia 53:1450-6. 2012..Herein we determine if single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) within the 1,148-bp region upstream from exon 1A influence the expression of GABRB3...
- DNA variants in coding region of EFHC1: SNPs do not associate with juvenile myoclonic epilepsyDongsheng Bai
Epilepsy Genetics Genomics Lab, CEP, UCLA and VA GLAHS, Los Angeles, California 90073, USA
Epilepsia 50:1184-90. 2009..In this study, we asked if coding single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) of EFHC1 also contribute as susceptibility alleles to JME with complex genetics...
- Population-based and family-based designs to analyze rare variants in complex diseasesRémi Kazma
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics and Institute for Human Genetics, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 3110, USA
Genet Epidemiol 35:S41-7. 2011..However, as of today, the main limitation is still the high cost of next-generation sequencing...
- Juvenile myoclonic epilepsy subsyndromes: family studies and long-term follow-upIris E Martinez-Juarez
David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA and VA GLAHS Epilepsy Center of Excellence, Epilepsy Genetics Genomics Laboratories, Comprehensive Epilepsy Program, Los Angeles, CA 90073, USA
Brain 129:1269-80. 2006..Seven chromosome loci, three epilepsy-causing mutations and two genes with single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) associating with JME reported in literature provide further evidence for JME as a distinct group of diseases...
- Seizures of idiopathic generalized epilepsiesReyna M Duron
California Comprehensive Epilepsy Program, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90073, USA
Epilepsia 46:34-47. 2005..Refined understanding of seizure phenotypes, their semiology, frequencies, and patterns together with the identification of molecular lesions in IGEs continue to accelerate the development of molecular epileptology...
- Genetic contributions to social impulsivity and aggressiveness in vervet monkeysLynn A Fairbanks
Neuropsychiatric Institute, University of California Los Angeles, California 90024, USA
Biol Psychiatry 55:642-7. 2004..This study assessed the genetic contribution to impulsivity and aggressiveness in a social context using a nonhuman primate model...
- Familial juvenile myoclonic epilepsyMaria Elisa Alonso
Instituto Nacional de Neurologia y Neurocirugia, Tlalpan, Mexico
Adv Neurol 95:227-43. 2005
- Hyperglycosylation and reduced GABA currents of mutated GABRB3 polypeptide in remitting childhood absence epilepsyMiyabi Tanaka
Department of Molecular and Medical Pharmacology, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Am J Hum Genet 82:1249-61. 2008....
- Dissection of heterogeneous phenotypes for quantitative trait mappingHeike Bickeböller
Department of Genetic Epidemiology, Georg August University, Gottingen, Germany
Genet Epidemiol 29:S41-7. 2005..e., physical locations on the p-arm, q-arm, or middle segment, might lead to possible differences in type I error rates. This finding and others highlight the importance of empirical determination of P-values to determine significance...
- Characterization and heritability of obesity and associated risk factors in vervet monkeysKylie Kavanagh
Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Medical Center Blvd, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 15:1666-74. 2007..The objective was to determine the prevalence and heritability of obesity and risk factors associated with metabolic syndrome (MS) in a pedigreed colony of vervet monkeys...
- Identification and mutational analysis of candidate genes for juvenile myoclonic epilepsy on 6p11-p12: LRRC1, GCLC, KIAA0057 and CLIC5Toshimitsu Suzuki
Laboratory for Neurogenetics, Brain Science Institute, The Institute of Physical and Chemical Research RIKEN, 2 1 Hirosawa, Wako Shi, Saitama 351 0198, Japan
Epilepsy Res 50:265-75. 2002..These analyses did not provide any evidences that these genes are responsible for the JME phenotype, and suggested that these may not be the EJM1 gene...