Arshiya A Baig
Affiliation: University of Chicago
- Community health center access to resources for their patients with diabetesArshiya A Baig
Section of General Internal Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, 5841 S Maryland Ave MC 2007, Chicago, IL, 60637, USA
J Immigr Minor Health 16:553-8. 2014..52 %) (p < 0.05). Providers at HP sites reported greater access to a range of personnel and culturally tailored programs. However, increased access to these services is needed across all sites. ..
- Integrating diabetes self-management interventions for mexican-americans into the catholic church settingArshiya A Baig
Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, 5841 S Maryland Ave MC 2007, Chicago, IL, 60637, USA
J Relig Health 53:105-18. 2014..However, additional mechanisms to facilitate access to medical care may be necessary to support community members' diabetes care. ..
- "One Can Learn From Other People's Experiences": Latino adults' preferences for peer-based diabetes interventionsArshiya A Baig
Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, 5841 S Maryland Ave, MC 2007, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Diabetes Educ 38:733-41. 2012..To assess Latino adults' preferences for peer-based diabetes self-management interventions and the acceptability of the church setting for these interventions...
- Provider barriers and facilitators to screening for intimate partner violence in Bogotá, ColombiaArshiya A Baig
Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Health Care Women Int 33:250-61. 2012..Improving the care for IPV survivors will involve translating health care personnel preferred solutions into more systematic IPV screening interventions...
- A randomized community-based intervention trial comparing faith community nurse referrals to telephone-assisted physician appointments for health fair participants with elevated blood pressureArshiya A Baig
Department of Medicine, Section of General Internal Medicine, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
J Gen Intern Med 25:701-9. 2010..To measure the effect of faith community nurse referrals versus telephone-assisted physician appointments on blood pressure control among persons with elevated blood pressure at health fairs...
- Diagnosing diabetes in disadvantaged populations: the role of social participationArshiya Baig
Section of General Internal Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
J Health Serv Res Policy 15:223-8. 2010..Our aim was to investigate the effect of social participation on the probability that people with diabetes are diagnosed by health care providers and whether these effects differ in disadvantaged populations...
- The use of quality improvement and health information technology approaches to improve diabetes outcomes in African American and Hispanic patientsArshiya A Baig
University of Chicago Medical Center, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Med Care Res Rev 67:163S-197S. 2010....