James A Bahensky
Affiliation: University of Iowa
- HIT implementation in critical access hospitals: extent of implementation and business strategies supporting IT useJames A Bahensky
Department of Health Management and Policy, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242 1008, USA
J Med Syst 35:599-607. 2011..Strategies for addressing these challenges will need to evolve as the HIT investments by rural hospitals race to keep pace with the goals for the nation...
- Health care information technology in rural America: electronic medical record adoption status in meeting the national agendaJames A Bahensky
Department of Health Management and Policy, College of Public Health, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
J Rural Health 24:101-5. 2008....
- Critical access hospital informatics: how two rural Iowa hospitals overcame challenges to achieve IT excellenceJames A Bahensky
Department of Health Management and Policy, College of Public Health, University of Iowa, USA
J Healthc Inf Manag 22:16-22. 2008....
- Electronic medical record systems in critical access hospitals: leadership perspectives on anticipated and realized benefitsTroy R Mills
The Department of Health Management and Policy, University of Iowa College of Public Health, Iowa City, IA, USA
Perspect Health Inf Manag 7:1c. 2010..These findings expand the limited research on the rationale for implementing EMRs in critical access hospitals...
- Clinical information system availability and use in urban and rural hospitalsMarcia M Ward
Department of Health Management and Policy, University of Iowa, 200 Hawkins Dr, E210GH, Iowa City 52242, USA
J Med Syst 30:429-38. 2006..Comparison of CIS within one state's urban and rural hospitals sheds light on variation in clinical support applications, decision support, and electronic medical record "readiness" in these settings...
- EMRs and clinical IS implementation in hospitals: a statewide surveyMirou Jaana
Health Administration, Telfer School of Management, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Canada
J Rural Health 28:34-43. 2012..Present an overview of clinical information systems (IS) in hospitals and analyze the level of electronic medical records (EMR) implementation in relation to clinical IS capabilities and organizational characteristics...
- Lean sigma--will it work for healthcare?James A Bahensky
Health Management and Policy Department, College of Public Health, University of Iowa, USA
J Healthc Inf Manag 19:39-44. 2005..The Kaizen process proved to be successful and interesting. Within three days, the team installed new work flow processes. This implementation-oriented approach is what differentiates Lean Sigma from other quality improvement processes...
- Role of multihospital system membership in electronic medical record adoptionPengxiang Li
Division of General Internal Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, USA
Health Care Manage Rev 33:169-77. 2008..Nevertheless, substantial variation currently exists in the adoption of electronic medical records (EMRs) resulting in differences in hospital HIT capacity...