Affiliation: University of California
- Metastatic balloon cell melanoma: a case reportFrederick L Baehner
Division of Cytopathology, University of California, San Francisco 94115, USA
Acta Cytol 49:543-8. 2005....
- Fine needle aspiration cytology of intraoral epithelioid hemangioma. A report of two casesFrederick Baehner
Division of Cytopathology, Department of Pathology, University of California, San Francisco Medical Center, Mount Zion Campus, 1600 Divisadero Street, Box 1656, San Francisco, California 94143 1656, USA
Acta Cytol 47:275-80. 2003..In contrast to the histopathology of this lesion, the cytopathology, as obtained by fine needle aspiration biopsy (FNAB), has been described only once before...
- Beta1 integrin inhibitory antibody induces apoptosis of breast cancer cells, inhibits growth, and distinguishes malignant from normal phenotype in three dimensional cultures and in vivoCatherine C Park
Departments of Radiation Oncology and Pathology, University of California San Francisco Mt Zion Cancer Center, 1600 Divisadero Street, San Francisco, CA 94143 1708, USA
Cancer Res 66:1526-35. 2006..Our findings indicate that beta(1) integrin is a promising therapeutic target, and that the three-dimensional lrECM culture assay can be used to effectively distinguish malignant and normal tissue response to therapy...
- Breast cancer growth prevention by statinsMichael J Campbell
Department of Surgery, University of California San Francisco Mt Zion Medical Center, Room C342, 1600 Divisadero, San Francisco, CA 94115, USA
Cancer Res 66:8707-14. 2006..These findings provide supporting rationale for future statin trials in breast cancer patients...
- Bladder cancer outcome and subtype classification by gene expressionEkaterini Blaveri
Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143 0808, USA
Clin Cancer Res 11:4044-55. 2005..Genes driving the separation between tumor subsets may prove to be important biomarkers for bladder cancer development and progression and eventually candidates for therapeutic targeting...
- Prognostic significance of nuclear receptor coactivator-3 overexpression in primary cutaneous melanomaJavier Rangel
Auerback Melanoma Research Laboratory, Cutaneous Oncology Program, University of California San Francisco Comprehensive Cancer Center, San Francisco, CA 94115, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:4565-9. 2006..To assess the prognostic significance of nuclear receptor coactivator-3 (NCOA3) overexpression in primary cutaneous melanoma...
- Gene expression and benefit of chemotherapy in women with node-negative, estrogen receptor-positive breast cancerSoonmyung Paik
Division of Pathology, Operations Center, and Biostatistical Center, National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project, Pittsburgh, PA 15212, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:3726-34. 2006..The relationship between the RS and chemotherapy benefit is not known...
- Genes and pathways downstream of telomerase in melanoma metastasisSepideh Bagheri
Auerback Melanoma Research Laboratory, Cutaneous Oncology Program, Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:11306-11. 2006..These studies have important implications for understanding the mechanisms by which telomerase promotes tumor invasion and metastasis...
- Fine needle aspiration cytology of adult perineal rhabdomyosarcoma: a case reportMaxwell V Meng
Department of Urology, University of California, San Francisco, USA
Acta Cytol 50:88-92. 2006..Fewer than 30 cases have been reported, and all were diagnosed after surgical resection by histologic examination. Below we report a case in which the diagnosis was established preoperatively by fine needle aspiration (FNA)...
- A multigene assay to predict recurrence of tamoxifen-treated, node-negative breast cancerSoonmyung Paik
Division of Pathology, Operation Center, and the Biostatistics Center, National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project, Pittsburgh 15212, USA
N Engl J Med 351:2817-26. 2004..The likelihood of distant recurrence in patients with breast cancer who have no involved lymph nodes and estrogen-receptor-positive tumors is poorly defined by clinical and histopathological measures...
- A collection of breast cancer cell lines for the study of functionally distinct cancer subtypesRichard M Neve
Life Sciences Division, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley, California 94270, USA
Cancer Cell 10:515-27. 2006..We show, using Trastuzumab (Herceptin) monotherapy as an example, that the system can be used to identify molecular features that predict or indicate response to targeted therapies or other physiological perturbations...
- Prognostic utility of the 21-gene assay in hormone receptor-positive operable breast cancer compared with classical clinicopathologic featuresLori J Goldstein
Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group, Boston, MA, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:4063-71. 2008..Genomic classifiers offer the potential to more accurately identify individuals who benefit from chemotherapy than clinicopathologic features...