Affiliation: University of Pittsburgh
- Longitudinal outcome of isolated mitral repair in older patients: results from 14,604 procedures performed from 1991 to 2007Vinay Badhwar
University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 94:1870-7; discussion 1877-9. 2012..The goal of this study was to assess durability and longitudinal outcomes after isolated primary MV repair in patients aged 65 years or more...
- Noninferiority of closely monitored mechanical valves to bioprostheses overshadowed by early mortality benefit in younger patientsVinay Badhwar
Cardiac Surgical Associate of Florida, St Petersburg, Florida, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 93:748-53. 2012..We prospectively compared results of bioprostheses (BP) and a bileaflet mechanical prosthesis (MP) monitored at low INR thresholds...
- Successful linking of the Society of Thoracic Surgeons Database to Social Security data to examine the accuracy of Society of Thoracic Surgeons mortality dataJeffrey P Jacobs
Johns Hopkins Children s Heart Surgery, All Children s Hospital and Florida Hospital for Children, St Petersburg, Tampa, and Orlando, FL 33701, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 145:976-83. 2013....
- Pediatric cardiac transplantation in children with high panel reactive antibodyJeffrey P Jacobs
The Congenital Heart Institute of Florida, All Children s Hospital, University of South Florida, St Petersburg, Florida, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 78:1703-9. 2004..We retrospectively reviewed our management strategy and outcome data for children undergoing heart transplantation with high PRA (> 10%)...
- Creating a database with cardioscopy and intra-operative imagingJeffrey P Jacobs
The Congenital Heart Institute of Florida, University of South Florida, St Petersburg, FL 33701, USA
Cardiol Young 15:184-9. 2005
- Left atrial reduction enhances outcomes of modified maze procedure for permanent atrial fibrillation during concomitant mitral surgeryVinay Badhwar
Cardiac Surgical Associates MAZE Investigators, St Petersburg, Florida 33701, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 82:1758-63; discussion 1764. 2006..Current technique variations tend to obscure the decision-making algorithm in these patients. A single energy-source approach for the surgical management of patients with large left atria and permanent atrial fibrillation is presented...
- The modern approach to patent ductus arteriosus treatment: complementary roles of video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery and interventional cardiology coil occlusionJeffrey P Jacobs
Division of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, All Children s Hospital University of South Florida College of Medicine, St Petersburg, Florida 33701, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 76:1421-7; discussion 1427-8. 2003..In an effort to analyze our experience and develop treatment guidelines, we reviewed all our patients with patent ductus arteriosus (PDA) treated with video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery (VATS) or interventional cardiology coil occlusion...
- Successful linking of the Society of Thoracic Surgeons adult cardiac surgery database to Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services Medicare dataJeffrey Phillip Jacobs
The Congenital Heart Institute of Florida CHIF, All Children s Hospital and Children s Hospital of Tampa, University of South Florida College of Medicine, Cardiac Surgical Associates of Florida CSAoF, Saint Petersburg and Tampa, Florida, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 90:1150-6; discussion 1156-7. 2010..This study demonstrates the feasibility of linking STS data to CMS data and examines the penetration, completeness, and representativeness of the STS database...