Karen O Badellino
Affiliation: University of Pennsylvania
- Endothelial lipase concentrations are increased in metabolic syndrome and associated with coronary atherosclerosisKaren O Badellino
Institute for Translational Medicine and Therapeutics, School of Nursing, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
PLoS Med 3:e22. 2006..We hypothesized that EL concentrations would be associated with decreased HDL-C and increased atherosclerosis in humans...
- Endothelial lipase is increased in vivo by inflammation in humansKaren O Badellino
School of Nursing, and Institute for Translational Medicine and Therapeutics, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Circulation 117:678-85. 2008..Furthermore, we directly tested the hypothesis that plasma EL concentrations would increase with induction of an inflammatory state by low-dose endotoxin in humans...
- A naturally occurring variant of endothelial lipase associated with elevated HDL exhibits impaired synthesisRobert J Brown
Department of Medicine and Institute for Translational Medicine and Therapeutics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104
J Lipid Res 50:1910-6. 2009..Thus, this N-terminal variant results in reduced secretion of EL protein, plausibly leading to increased HDL-C levels...
- Mining the LIPG allelic spectrum reveals the contribution of rare and common regulatory variants to HDL cholesterolSumeet A Khetarpal
Institute for Translational Medicine and Therapeutics, Institute for Diabetes, Obesity, and Metabolism, and Cardiovascular Institute, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America
PLoS Genet 7:e1002393. 2011..Taken together, the findings show that both rare and common noncoding regulatory variants are important contributors to the allelic spectrum in complex trait loci...
- Identification of the active form of endothelial lipase, a homodimer in a head-to-tail conformationNathalie Griffon
Institute for Translational Medicine and Therapeutics, Cardiovascular Institute, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Biol Chem 284:23322-30. 2009..These data confirm the hypothesis that EL is active as a homodimer in head-to-tail conformation...
- Vitamin D and the bariatric surgical patient: a reviewCharlene W Compher
University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing, 418 Curie Boulevard, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6096, USA
Obes Surg 18:220-4. 2008..The purpose of this review was to describe current knowledge about vitamin D and severe obesity, and the impact of obesity surgery on vitamin D status...
- Role of N-linked glycosylation in the secretion and activity of endothelial lipaseGwen C Miller
Department of Medicine and Center for Experimental Therapeutics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Lipid Res 45:2080-7. 2004..The Asn-373 mutant demonstrated a 3-fold decrease in bridging compared with wild-type EL, whereas Asn-116 and Asn-471 were similar to wild-type EL...
- The role of endothelial lipase in high-density lipoprotein metabolismKaren O Badellino
School of Nursing, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia 19104, USA
Curr Opin Cardiol 19:392-5. 2004..Endothelial lipase could be an important new target for novel therapies to raise high-density lipoprotein levels...
- Obesity and inflammation: lessons from bariatric surgeryCharlene Compher
University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6096, USA
JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr 32:645-7. 2008..Obesity is associated with a series of comorbid conditions that are characterized by an inflammatory state. The purpose of this review is to update knowledge about obesity, adipose tissue, and inflammation...
- Allosteric modification of factor XIa functional activity upon binding to polyanionsDipali Sinha
The Sol Sherry Thrombosis Research Center, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19140, USA
Biochemistry 43:7593-600. 2004..These results provide compelling evidence that factor XIa binding to the polyanions, dextran sulfate and heparin, results in inhibition of the enzyme by an allosteric mechanism...
- Endothelial lipase is associated with inflammation in humansMarie Eve Paradis
Institute on Nutraceuticals and Functional Foods, Laval University, Quebec, Canada
J Lipid Res 47:2808-13. 2006..0005). In conclusion, our data reveal a strong association between proinflammatory cytokines and plasma EL concentrations among healthy people with low or high VAT levels...
- Visceral adiposity and endothelial lipaseMarie Eve Paradis
Nutraceuticals and Functional Foods Institute, 2440 Boulevard Hochelaga, Laval University, Quebec, Canada
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 91:3538-43. 2006..However, the extent to which EL contributes to modulate the deteriorated high-density lipoprotein profile observed in obesity in humans is less clear...
- Effect of fenofibrate on plasma lipoprotein composition and kinetics in patients with complete hepatic lipase deficiencyIsabelle L Ruel
Institute on Nutraceuticals and Functional Foods, Laval University, , Canada
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 25:2600-7. 2005..CONCLUSIONS: Fenofibrate therapy exerts a pronounced antiatherogenic effect on triglyceride-rich lipoproteins even in the complete absence of HL...
- Human endothelial lipase in cardiovascular diseaseKAREN BADELLINO; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..