Affiliation: University of Washington
- Appropriateness of imaging for lung cancer staging in a national cohortLeah M Backhus
Leah M Backhus, Xiao Hua Zhou, and Steven B Zeliadt, Veterans Affairs Puget Sound Health Care System and Leah M Backhus, Farhood Farjah, Thomas K Varghese, Aaron M Cheng, Douglas E Wood, Larry Kessler, and Steven B Zeliadt, University of Washington, Seattle, WA
J Clin Oncol 32:3428-35. 2014..We sought to examine adherence to imaging guideline recommendations for staging in patients with locally advanced lung cancer in a national cohort...
- Predictors of imaging surveillance for surgically treated early-stage lung cancerLeah M Backhus
Surgery Service, VA Puget Sound Health Care System, Seattle, Washington Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington Electronic address
Ann Thorac Surg 98:1944-51; discussion 1951-2. 2014..Little is known about surveillance patterns for patients with surgically resected early-stage lung cancer in the community at large. We sought to characterize surveillance patterns in a national cohort...
- Outcomes in lung transplantation after previous lung volume reduction surgery in a contemporary cohortLeah Backhus
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Washington, Seattle, Wash Electronic address
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 147:1678-1683.e1. 2014..The effect of previous LVRS on lung transplant outcomes has been inadequately studied. We report our experience in the largest single institution series of these combined procedures...
- The effect of provider density on lung cancer survival among blacks and whites in the United StatesLeah M Backhus
VA Puget Sound Healthcare System, Seattle, Washington, USA
J Thorac Oncol 8:549-53. 2013..We sought to examine the effect of access to care, using density of lung cancer care providers, on lung cancer mortality among blacks and whites in the United States...
- Radiographic evaluation of the patient with lung cancer: surgical implications of imagingLeah Backhus
Surgery Service, VA Puget Sound Health Care System, Seattle, WA, USA
Curr Probl Diagn Radiol 42:84-98. 2013..Knowledge of surgical implications of imaging findings can aid both radiologists and surgeons in delivering safe and effective care...
- Failure to rescue and pulmonary resection for lung cancerFarhood Farjah
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, University of Washington, Seattle, Wash Surgical Outcomes Research Center, University of Washington, Seattle, Wash Electronic address
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 149:1365-71; discussion 1371-3.e3. 2015..This study aims to evaluate variation in complication and failure to rescue rates among hospitals that perform pulmonary resection for lung cancer...
- Impact of primary caregivers on long-term outcomes after lung transplantationNathan M Mollberg
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Washington Medical Center, Seattle, Washington Electronic address
J Heart Lung Transplant 34:59-64. 2015..We sought to characterize the relationship between a patient's self-reported primary caregiver and long-term outcomes after lung transplantation...
- Lymphovascular invasion as a prognostic indicator in stage I non-small cell lung cancer: a systematic review and meta-analysisNathan M Mollberg
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington Electronic address
Ann Thorac Surg 97:965-71. 2014..We performed a systematic review and meta-analysis to evaluate whether the presence of LVI is associated with disease outcome in stage I NSCLC patients...