S A Bacanu
Affiliation: University of Pittsburgh
- The power of genomic controlS A Bacanu
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Am J Hum Genet 66:1933-44. 2000..Therefore, GC methods should prove a useful complement to family-based methods for the genetic analysis of complex traits...
- Unbiased methods for population-based association studiesB Devlin
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Genet Epidemiol 21:273-84. 2001..It, too, is widely applicable. Both also have weaknesses, as elaborated in our review...
- Catechol-O-methyltransferase haplotypes are associated with psychosis in Alzheimer diseaseR A Sweet
Division of Geriatrics and Neuropsychiatry, Department of Psychiatry, Graduate School of Public Health, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Mol Psychiatry 10:1026-36. 2005..Examination of variation at ERE6 in subjects with schizophrenia, and further examination of the independent and additive effects of variations in COMT on gene expression, is warranted...
- Genome-wide multipoint linkage analyses of multiplex schizophrenia pedigrees from the oceanic nation of PalauB Devlin
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Mol Psychiatry 7:689-94. 2002..Similar to the results for other populations, our results suggest there are multiple genes conferring liability to schizophrenia even in the small population of Palau (roughly 21,000 individuals) in remote Oceania...
- DNA pooling: a comprehensive, multi-stage association analysis of ACSL6 and SIRT5 polymorphisms in schizophreniaK V Chowdari
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Genes Brain Behav 6:229-39. 2007..This strategy may be particularly useful for research groups lacking access to high throughput genotyping facilities. Our analyses did not yield convincing evidence for associations of schizophrenia with ACSL6 or SIRT5...