Guadalupe Xochitl Ayala
Affiliation: University of North Carolina
- Correlates of body mass index and waist-to-hip ratio among Mexican women in the United States: implications for intervention developmentGuadalupe X Ayala
University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, School of Public Health, Department of Health Behavior and Health Education, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7440, USA
Womens Health Issues 14:155-64. 2004....
- Restaurant and food shopping selections among Latino women in Southern CaliforniaGuadalupe X Ayala
Department of Health Behavior and Health Education, CB 7440, Rosenau Hall, School of Public Health, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7440, USA
J Am Diet Assoc 105:38-45. 2005..This study describes and examines determinants of restaurant and food store selections in a sample of Latino women...
- An experimental evaluation of a group- versus computer-based intervention to improve food portion size estimation skillsGuadalupe Xochitl Ayala
Department of Health Behavior and Health Education, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7440, USA
Health Educ Res 21:133-45. 2006..Process measures indicated that the group training was deemed more helpful and more personally relevant to the participants...
- Asthma in middle schools: what students have to say about their asthmaGuadalupe X Ayala
Department of Health Behavior and Health Education, School of Public Health, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, CB 7440 Rosenau Hall, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7440, USA
J Sch Health 76:208-14. 2006..A school-based intervention in middle school may help students with asthma transition to greater autonomy of care, while easing transition in other domains of life...
- Acculturation and physical activity among North Carolina Latina immigrantsKelly R Evenson
Department of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, University of North Carolina Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7435, USA
Soc Sci Med 59:2509-22. 2004..These findings suggest that future epidemiologic studies and physical activity interventions should measure and tailor programs based on English-language use and age of arrival to the US among Latina immigrants...
- Examining knowledge, attitudes, and beliefs about depression among Latino adults with type 2 diabetesAndrea Cherrington
MPH, Sheps Center for Health Services Research, CB 7590, 725 Martin Luther King Boulevard, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7590, USA
Diabetes Educ 32:603-13. 2006..The purpose of this study was to explore knowledge, attitudes, and beliefs about depression among Latinos with type 2 diabetes...
- Child- and caregiver-reported problems and concerns in using asthma medicationsBetsy Sleath
Department of Pharmaceutical Outcomes and Policy, University of North Carolina Eshelman School of Pharmacy, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7573, USA
J Asthma 47:633-8. 2010....
- Birthplace is associated with more adverse dietary profiles for US-born than for foreign-born Latino adultsKiyah J Duffey
Department of Nutrition, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27516, USA
J Nutr 138:2428-35. 2008..Targeted dietary interventions are needed to reduce health disparities associated with dietary intake...