Vassilios I Avramis
Affiliation: University of Southern California
- Synergistic antiviral effect of PEG-asparaginase (ONCASPAR), with protease inhibitor alone and in combination with RT inhibitors against HIV-1 infected T-cells: a model of HIV-1-induced T-cell lymphomaV I Avramis
Division of Hematology Oncology, Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90027, USA
In Vivo 15:1-9. 2001..Future studies are needed in HIV-infected and/or HIV-induced T-cell lymphoma patients to investigate these findings...
- Immunogenicity of native or pegylated E. coli and Erwinia asparaginases assessed by ELISA and surface plasmon resonance (SPR-biacore) assays of IgG antibodies (Ab) in sera from patients with acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL)Vassilios I Avramis
CHLA Hematology Oncology USC Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90027, USA
Anticancer Res 29:299-302. 2009..Recently, a protein chip bioassay (Biacore) was developed for the Ab of these proteins. These methods were compared...
- Asparaginase (native ASNase or pegylated ASNase) in the treatment of acute lymphoblastic leukemiaVassilios I Avramis
CHLA, Department of Pediatrics, Division of Hematology Oncology, Keck School of Medicine, Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90027, USA
Int J Nanomedicine 1:241-54. 2006....
- Pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic relationships of asparaginase formulations: the past, the present and recommendations for the futureVassilios I Avramis
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Pediatrics, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California, USA
Clin Pharmacokinet 44:367-93. 2005..These results taken together strongly support new experimental approaches for application of population pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic analyses to further enhance survival of leukaemia patients...
- Taxotere and vincristine inhibit the secretion of the angiogenesis inducing vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) by wild-type and drug-resistant human leukemia T-cell linesI A Avramis
Department of Pediatrics, USC Keck School of Medicine, Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, CA 90027, USA
Anticancer Res 21:2281-6. 2001..Moreover, the leukemic cell lines examined here may constitute a useful model to study antiangiogenic drugs, alone or in combination with established drug regimens used against refractory leukemias...
- A randomized comparison of native Escherichia coli asparaginase and polyethylene glycol conjugated asparaginase for treatment of children with newly diagnosed standard-risk acute lymphoblastic leukemia: a Children's Cancer Group studyVassilios I Avramis
Children s Hospital, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Blood 99:1986-94. 2002..In cerebrospinal fluid asparagine, depletion was similar with both enzyme preparations. Intensive pegaspargase for newly diagnosed ALL should be tested further in a larger population...
- Determination of drug synergism between the tyrosine kinase inhibitors NSC 680410 (adaphostin) and/or STI571 (imatinib mesylate, Gleevec) with cytotoxic drugs against human leukemia cell linesIoannis A Avramis
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Pediatrics, USC Keck School of Medicine, 4650 Sunset Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90027, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 52:307-18. 2003..In conclusion, the combinations of antiangiogenesis and DNA-damaging cytotoxic drugs are highly synergistic regimens in both WT and drug-resistant leukemic cell lines and they should be examined further...
- Pharmacodynamics and safety of intravenous pegaspargase during remission induction in adults aged 55 years or younger with newly diagnosed acute lymphoblastic leukemiaDan Douer
Division of Hematology, Department of Medicine, Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, University of Southern California Keck Medical School and Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, Los Angeles 90033, USA
Blood 109:2744-50. 2007....
- Adipocytes Cause Leukemia Cell Resistance to L-Asparaginase via Release of GlutamineEhsan A Ehsanipour
Authors Affiliations Divisions of Endocrinology, Hematology and Oncology, and The Saban Research Institute, Children s Hospital Los Angeles and Departments of Pathology, Pediatrics, Physiology and Biophysics, and The Norris Cancer Center, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California
Cancer Res 73:2998-3006. 2013..These findings suggest that adipocytes work in conjunction with other cells of the leukemia microenvironment to protect leukemia cells during ASNase treatment. Cancer Res; 73(10); 2998-3006. ©2013 AACR...
- Deamination of glutamine is a prerequisite for optimal asparagine deamination by asparaginases in vivo (CCG-1961)Eduard H Panosyan
Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90027, USA
Anticancer Res 24:1121-5. 2004..The pharmacodynamic (PD) rationale is based on the role of Gln as the main amino group donor for Asn synthesis from aspartate by the enzyme asparagine synthetase (AS)...
- Adipocytes impair leukemia treatment in miceJames W Behan
Divisions of Endocrinology, Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Cancer Res 69:7867-74. 2009..Given the growing prevalence of obesity worldwide, these effects are likely to have increasing importance to cancer treatment...
- In vitro and in vivo evaluations of the tyrosine kinase inhibitor NSC 680410 against human leukemia and glioblastoma cell linesIoannis A Avramis
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Pediatrics, Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, USC Keck School of Medicine, 4650 Sunset Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90027, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 50:479-89. 2002..NSC 680410, the novel adamantyl ester of AG957, an inhibitor of the p210bcr/abl tyrosine kinase (CML, Ph(+)) and possibly other kinases, was tested for antitumor activity in ten human leukemia and human glioblastoma cell lines...
- Pharmacoanalytical assays of Erwinia asparaginase (erwinase) and pharmacokinetic results in high-risk acute lymphoblastic leukemia (HR ALL) patients: simulations of erwinase population PK-PD modelsVassilios I Avramis
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Pediatrics, Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, USC Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90027, USA
Anticancer Res 27:2561-72. 2007..We report here the development and validation process of ERW pharmacoanalytical assays and the results in a few patients...
- Changes of amino acid serum levels in pediatric patients with higher-risk acute lymphoblastic leukemia (CCG-1961)Rita S Grigoryan
Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90027, USA
In Vivo 18:107-12. 2004..Deamination of asparagine (Asn) and glutamine (Gln) by asparaginases (ASNase) is associated with good prognosis in acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL). Chemotherapy drugs used for ALL may accelerate catabolism of other amino acids (AA)...
- Asparagine depletion after pegylated E. coli asparaginase treatment and induction outcome in children with acute lymphoblastic leukemia in first bone marrow relapse: a Children's Oncology Group study (CCG-1941)Mohammad Jarrar
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Hematology Oncology, USC Keck School of Medicine, Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 47:141-6. 2006....
- Asparaginase antibody and asparaginase activity in children with higher-risk acute lymphoblastic leukemia: Children's Cancer Group Study CCG-1961Eduard H Panosyan
Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 90027, USA
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 26:217-26. 2004..Anti-asparaginase Ab was associated with undetectable asparaginase activity and may be correlated with adverse outcomes in HR ALL...
- Clinical pharmacology of asparaginases in the United States: asparaginase population pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic (PK-PD) models (NONMEM) in adult and pediatric ALL patientsVassilios I Avramis
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Pediatrics, Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, USC Keck School of Medicine, CA 90026, USA
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 29:239-47. 2007..Future clinical trial designs may prove these efforts useful...
- Diet-induced obesity alters vincristine pharmacokinetics in blood and tissues of miceJames W Behan
Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism, Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, 4650 Sunset Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90027, USA
Pharmacol Res 61:385-90. 2010..Thus, obesity alters VCR PK, causing a lower overall exposure in circulation and bone marrow. Given the high prevalence of obesity, additional PK studies should be performed in obese subjects to optimize chemotherapy dosing regimens...
- Asparaginases: biochemical pharmacology and modes of drug resistanceVassilios I Avramis
Children s Hospital Los Angeles CHLA, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90027, USA
Anticancer Res 32:2423-37. 2012..Finally, a brief description of the toxicity, as well as the correlative factor of ALL treatment with ASNase is given...
- Asparaginase pharmacokinetics after intensive polyethylene glycol-conjugated L-asparaginase therapy for children with relapsed acute lymphoblastic leukemiaDouglas S Hawkins
Children s Hospital and Regional Medical Center, Seattle, Washington 98105 0371, USA
Clin Cancer Res 10:5335-41. 2004....
- Antibody formation during intravenous and intramuscular therapy with Erwinia asparaginaseBirgitte Klug Albertsen
Department of Pharmacology, University of Aarhus, Aarhus, Denmark
Med Pediatr Oncol 38:310-6. 2002..Determination of the frequency of antibody formation during first and second exposure to Erwinia asparaginase after i.v. and i.m. administration...
- Correlation between high vascular endothelial growth factor-A serum levels and treatment outcome in patients with standard-risk acute lymphoblastic leukemia: a report from Children's Oncology Group Study CCG-1962Ioannis A Avramis
Children s Hospital Los Angeles, California 90027, USA
Clin Cancer Res 12:6978-84. 2006..Vascular endothelial growth factor-A (VEGF-A) serum levels <40 and >100 pg/mL have been associated with good and poor prognoses, respectively...
- Anti-Erwinia asparaginase antibodies during treatment of childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia and their relationship to outcome: a case-control studyBirgitte Klug Albertsen
Department of Pharmacology, The Bartholin Building, University of Aarhus, 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 50:117-20. 2002....