Jeffrey R Avansino
Affiliation: University of Washington
- A paradigm shift to balance safety and quality in pediatric pain managementJeffrey R Avansino
Department of Surgery, University of Washington, Division of Surgery, Seattle Children s Hospital, Seattle, WA 98105 0371, USA
Pediatrics 131:e921-7. 2013..We created a reliable process to discuss the pain plan preoperatively, hypothesizing that it will enhance the safety of opioid administration while improving the quality of pain management...
- Effects of CPOE on provider cognitive workload: a randomized crossover trialJEFFREY AVANSINO
Division of General and Thoracic Surgery, Seattle Children s Hospital, PO Box 50010, Seattle, WA 98105, USA
Pediatrics 130:e547-52. 2012..To evaluate whether systematically developed clinical decision supports provide usability benefit or decreased cognitive workload with their use...
- Implementation of a standardized procedural checklist in a children's hospitalJeffrey R Avansino
Department of Surgery, University of Washington, Division of Pediatric Surgery, Seattle Children s Hospital, Seattle, WA, USA
Am J Surg 201:660-5. 2011..The aim of this study was to examine the implementation and sustainability of checklist use among procedural-based specialties in a pediatric hospital and to survey perceptions of checklist efficacy among staff members and physicians...
- Upper thoracic shape in children with pectus excavatum: impact on lung functionGregory J Redding
Department of Pediatric Pulmonology, Radiology, Cardiology, and General and Thoracic Surgery, Seattle Children s Hospital, Seattle, Washington, USA
Pediatr Pulmonol 48:817-23. 2013..We hypothesized that another upper thoracic feature, a pectus gracilis (PG) or slender chest, co-exists with PE, and impacts lung function...
- Application of lean methods improves surgical clinic experienceJohn H T Waldhausen
Division of Pediatric Surgery, Seattle Children s Hospital, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA 98105, USA
J Pediatr Surg 45:1420-5. 2010..Documentation, regulatory and compliance issues and computerization of patient care systems may decrease clinic efficiency and throughput. We tried to reduce variability and improve patient experience...
- Novel titanium constructs for chest wall reconstruction in childrenJacob T Stephenson
Division of Pediatric Surgery, Seattle Children s Hospital University of Washington School of Medicine, PO Box 5371 WW7753 Seattle, Washington 98105, USA
J Pediatr Surg 46:1005-10. 2011..This report describes our experience with this device and other novel titanium constructs for chest wall reconstruction...
- Iatrogenic arteriovenous fistula in the arm in an infant: diagnostic and therapeutic considerationsMeera Kotagal
Department of Surgery, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
J Clin Ultrasound 40:381-4. 2012..The fistula was surgically repaired. This case report describes the clinical imaging and treatment options for infants with iatrogenic AVF...
- Correlating Haller Index and cardiopulmonary disease in pectus excavatumJordan W Swanson
Department of Surgery, Seattle Children s Hospital, 4800 Sand Point Way NE, Seattle, WA 98105, USA
Am J Surg 203:660-4. 2012..The Haller Index (HI) has become standard for determining the severity of pectus excavatum. We compared patterns of cardiopulmonary dysfunction and their relationship with HI in patients with pectus excavatum...