J C Atkinson
Affiliation: University of Maryland
- Salivary enhancement: current status and future therapiesJ C Atkinson
Department of Oral Medicine, University of Maryland Dental School, Baltimore, MD, USA
J Dent Educ 65:1096-101. 2001..However, these medications do not benefit all patients. The possibilities of using gene therapy and tissue engineering to develop treatments for those with severe salivary dysfunction are discussed...
- Stability of bisphenol A, triethylene-glycol dimethacrylate, and bisphenol A dimethacrylate in whole salivaJane C Atkinson
Clinical Research Core, National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research NIH, Bethesda, MD, USA
Dent Mater 18:128-35. 2002..This study investigated the stability of compounds of dental sealant materials in a salivary matrix...
- Oral manifestations in patients with aplastic anemiaM T Brennan
Clinical Research Core, National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 92:503-8. 2001..The aim of the present study was to characterize the prevalence and risks of oral complications in aplastic anemia (AA)...
- Polarized secretion of transgene products from salivary glands in vivoB J Baum
Gene Therapy and Therapeutics Branch, National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Hum Gene Ther 10:2789-97. 1999..e., in an endocrine manner. The aggregate results are consistent with the recognition of signals encoded within the transgenes that result in specific patterns of polarized protein secretion from rat submandibular gland cells in vivo...
- Identification of parotid salivary biomarkers in Sjogren's syndrome by surface-enhanced laser desorption/ionization time-of-flight mass spectrometry and two-dimensional difference gel electrophoresisO H Ryu
Human Craniofacial Genetics Section, Gene Therapy and Therapeutics Branch, National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research NIDCR, National Institutes of Health NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892 1470, USA
Rheumatology (Oxford) 45:1077-86. 2006..To identify the most significant salivary biomarkers in Sjögren's syndrome (SS) using proteomic methods...
- Salivary gland delivery of pDNA-cationic lipoplexes elicits systemic immune responsesV Sankar
Gene Therapy and Therapeutics Branch, National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research NIDCR, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Oral Dis 8:275-81. 2002..To test the ability of two cationic lipoplexes, Vaxfectin and GAP-DLRIE/DOPE, to facilitate transfection and elicit immune responses from plasmid DNAs (pDNAs) after retrograde instillation into salivary glands...
- Oral and dental phenotype of dyskeratosis congenitaJ C Atkinson
Clinical Research Core, National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research, Department of Health and Human Services, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 6401, USA
Oral Dis 14:419-27. 2008..Multiple permanent teeth with decreased root/crown ratios further suggest DC...
- Electronic patient records for dental school clinics: more than paperless systemsJane C Atkinson
University of Maryland Dental School, Baltimore College of Dental Surgery, Department of Clinical Affairs, 21201 1586, USA
J Dent Educ 66:634-42. 2002..The dental profession should develop a more common record with standard diagnostic codes and clinical outcome measures to make the EPR more useful for clinical research and improve the quality of care...
- Changes in salivary proteome following allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantationMatin M Imanguli
Clinical Research Core, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Exp Hematol 35:184-92. 2007..This study was an initial evaluation of salivary protein changes that occur after allo-HCT...