Affiliation: University of California
- Assessment of an online consumer "Ask Your Pharmacist" serviceMitra Assemi
San Francisco Longs Drug Information Service, University of California San Francisco, 550 E Shaw Avenue, Suite 210, San Francisco, CA 93710 7702, USA
Ann Pharmacother 36:787-92. 2002..To describe consumer demographics and the types of questions submitted to an online Ask Your Pharmacist (AYP) drug information service...
- Implementation and evaluation of cultural competency training for pharmacy studentsMitra Assemi
University of California at San Francisco Fresno Pharmacy Education Program, Department of Clinical Pharmacy, School of Pharmacy, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 93710 7702, USA
Ann Pharmacother 38:781-6. 2004..While schools implement curricula to provide pharmacy students with cultural awareness, knowledge, and communication skills they will need in practice, few assessment tools exist to evaluate the impact or effectiveness of such training...
- Psychometric analysis of a scale assessing self-efficacy for cultural competence in patient counselingMitra Assemi
UCSF Fresno Pharmacy Education Program, Fresno, CA 93701 2302, USA
Ann Pharmacother 40:2130-5. 2006..The revised standards mandate the inclusion of cultural competence in pharmacy curricula. Assessment tools to evaluate the impact of training are needed...
- Evaluation of a train-the-trainer program for cultural competenceMitra Assemi
UCSF Fresno Pharmacy Education Program, 155 N Fresno Street, Suite 251, Fresno, CA 93701, USA
Am J Pharm Educ 71:110. 2007..To develop, implement, and evaluate the impact of a cultural competence train-the-trainer workshop for pharmacy educators...
- A nontraditional faculty development initiative using a social media platformTina Penick Brock
School of Pharmacy, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California
Am J Pharm Educ 78:105. 2014..Conclusion. Social media platforms can foster nontraditional faculty development and mentoring by enhancing connectivity between pharmacy educators who share similar interests. ..
- Caring for the underserved: exemplars in teachingMitra Assemi
School of Pharmacy, University of California at San Francisco, Fresno Pharmacy Education Program, Fresno, CA 93701 2302, USA
Am J Pharm Educ 73:18. 2009..These exemplars in educating students on working with the underserved provide schools with models which could be adapted to fit individual programmatic curricular needs...
- Fostering and managing diversity in schools of pharmacyNancy T Nkansah
School of Pharmacy, University of California, San Francisco, CA 93701 2302, USA
Am J Pharm Educ 73:152. 2009....
- Development needs of volunteer pharmacy practice preceptorsMitra Assemi
School of Pharmacy, University of California San Francisco, 521 Parnassus Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94143 0622, USA
Am J Pharm Educ 75:10. 2011..To determine the training needs and interests of volunteer pharmacy preceptors...
- Curriculum recommendations of the AACP-PSSC task force on caring for the underservedAnn Zweber
College of Pharmacy, Oregon State University, Room 328, Corvallis, Oregon 97331, USA
Am J Pharm Educ 72:53. 2008..Implementation of the curriculum framework can help the academy fulfill the professional mandate to proactively provide the highest quality care to all, including underserved populations...