Kimlin Tam Ashing-Giwa
Affiliation: University of California
- The contextual model of HRQoL: a paradigm for expanding the HRQoL frameworkKimlin Tam Ashing-Giwa
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Qual Life Res 14:297-307. 2005..This model may provide a more comprehensive theoretical framework to investigate certain areas of health disparities and risk factors for poor outcomes in HRQoL research with cancer survivors...
- Infusing culture into oncology research on quality of lifeKimlin Ashing-Giwa
Center for Culture and Health, School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, USA
Oncol Nurs Forum 33:31-6. 2006..To review the literature relevant to understanding culturally informed oncology research, particularly as it relates to health-related quality of life...
- Understanding the breast cancer experience of women: a qualitative study of African American, Asian American, Latina and Caucasian cancer survivorsKimlin Tam Ashing-Giwa
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, UCLA, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Psychooncology 13:408-28. 2004....
- Breast cancer survivorship in a multiethnic sample: challenges in recruitment and measurementKimlin T Ashing-Giwa
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
Cancer 101:450-65. 2004....
- The impact of cervical cancer and dysplasia: a qualitative, multiethnic studyKimlin T Ashing-Giwa
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, UCLA, 760 Westwood Plaza, Box 62, Los Angeles, CA 90024, USA
Psychooncology 13:709-28. 2004..This qualitative study aims to examine health related quality of life (HRQOL) from a culturally consistent framework...
- Can a culturally responsive model for research design bring us closer to addressing participation disparities? Lessons learned from cancer survivorship studiesKimlin Tam Ashing-Giwa
Center for Culture and Health, UCLA Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, 760 Westwood Plaza, Box 62, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Ethn Dis 15:130-7. 2005..Additional complex issues weigh into health disparities or multicultural research including sociopolitical context, cultural context, network or community context, and micro-level or personal dimensions...
- Health-related quality of life and cultureMarjorie Kagawa-Singer
Department of Asian American Studies, University of California Los Angeles, School of Public Health, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1772, USA
Semin Oncol Nurs 26:59-67. 2010..To clarify the relationship between quality of life (QOL) and culture...