Joan Rosenbaum Asarnow
Affiliation: University of California
- Long-term benefits of short-term quality improvement interventions for depressed youths in primary careJoan Rosenbaum Asarnow
Neuropsychiatric Institute, UCLA School of Medicine, 760 Westwood Plaza, Los Angeles, CA 90024 1759
Am J Psychiatry 166:1002-10. 2009..The authors examined 6-, 12-, and 18-month outcomes of a primary care quality improvement intervention...
- Applying permutation tests with adjustment for covariates and attrition weights to randomized trials of health-services interventionsLingqi Tang
Health Services Research Center, Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior, UCLA, 10920 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 300, Los Angeles, CA 90024, USA
Stat Med 28:65-74. 2009....
- Pediatric emergency department suicidal patients: two-site evaluation of suicide ideators, single attempters, and repeat attemptersJoan Rosenbaum Asarnow
UCLA Department of Psychiatry, Los Angeles, CA 90024 1759, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 47:958-66. 2008..In one of the largest clinical studies of youth ED patients presenting with suicidality, we examine ideators, single attempters, and repeat attempters with the aim of clarifying optimal strategies for ED management and risk assessment...
- Treatment of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor-resistant depression in adolescents: predictors and moderators of treatment responseJoan Rosenbaum Asarnow
Department of Psychiatry, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90024 1759, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 48:330-9. 2009..This study examines predictors and moderators of treatment response, with the goal of informing efforts to match youths to optimal treatment strategies...
- Suicide attempts and nonsuicidal self-injury in the treatment of resistant depression in adolescents: findings from the TORDIA studyJoan Rosenbaum Asarnow
University of California Los Angeles UCLA, Department of Psychiatry, Los Angeles, CA 90095 6968, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 50:772-81. 2011..To evaluate the clinical and prognostic significance of suicide attempts (SAs) and nonsuicidal self-injury (NSSI) in adolescents with treatment-resistant depression...
- An emergency department intervention for linking pediatric suicidal patients to follow-up mental health treatmentJoan Rosenbaum Asarnow
Department of Psychiatry and Semel Institute, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90024 1759, USA
Psychiatr Serv 62:1303-9. 2011..Many suicidal youths treated in emergency departments do not receive follow-up treatment as advocated by the National Strategy for Suicide Prevention. Two strategies for improving rates of follow-up treatment were compared...
- Depression and role impairment among adolescents in primary care clinicsJoan Rosenbaum Asarnow
University of California, Los Angeles School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California, USA
J Adolesc Health 37:477-83. 2005..To evaluate the association between depression and role impairment in a primary care sample, with and without controlling for the effects of general medical conditions...
- Treatment of youth depression in primary care under usual practice conditions: observational findings from Youth Partners in CareKenneth B Wells
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, University of California, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 22:80-90. 2012....
- Effective components of TORDIA cognitive-behavioral therapy for adolescent depression: preliminary findingsBetsy D Kennard
Department of Psychiatry, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 8589, USA
J Consult Clin Psychol 77:1033-41. 2009..Finally, social skills and problem solving may be active elements in CBT for adolescent depression and should be considered in treatment by those working with seriously depressed youths...
- Childhood-onset schizotypal disorder: a follow-up study and comparison with childhood-onset schizophreniaJoan Rosenbaum Asarnow
UCLA Neuropsychiatric Institute, Los Angeles, CA 90024, USA
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 15:395-402. 2005..This paper presents results from the UCLA Follow-Up Study of Childhood-Onset Schizophrenia (SZ) Spectrum Disorders...
- Annotation: childhood-onset schizophrenia: clinical and treatment issuesJoan Rosenbaum Asarnow
University of California, Los Angeles, Neuropsychiatric Institute, 90024, USA
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 45:180-94. 2004..In the past 10 years, there has been increased research on childhood-onset schizophrenia and clear advances have been achieved...
- Depression among youth in primary care models for delivering mental health servicesJoan Rosenbaum Asarnow
School of Medicine, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90024 1759, USA
Child Adolesc Psychiatr Clin N Am 11:477-97, viii. 2002..The recent and ongoing studies reviewed in this articles provide some examples of these models. Future research is needed to clarify the effectiveness, costs,and benefits of this approach...
- Effectiveness of a quality improvement intervention for adolescent depression in primary care clinics: a randomized controlled trialJoan Rosenbaum Asarnow
UCLA Neuropsychiatric Institute, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, Calif 90024 1759, USA
JAMA 293:311-9. 2005..Depression is a common condition associated with significant morbidity in adolescents. Few depressed adolescents receive effective treatment for depression in primary care settings...