David E Arterburn
Affiliation: University of Cincinnati
- The efficacy and safety of sibutramine for weight loss: a systematic reviewDavid E Arterburn
Department of Veterans Affairs, Puget Sound Health Care System, Seattle, WA, USA
Arch Intern Med 164:994-1003. 2004..We conducted a systematic review to assess the efficacy and safety of sibutramine hydrochloride for weight loss...
- The coming epidemic of obesity in elderly AmericansDavid E Arterburn
Section of Outcomes Research, Division of General Internal Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Cincinnatti, Cincinnatti, OH 45267, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 52:1907-12. 2004..To estimate the prevalence of obesity in elderly Americans in 2010 and to discuss the health and economic implications of these estimates...
- Association of body weight with condition-specific quality of life in male veteransDavid E Arterburn
Health Services Research and Development, Cincinnati Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio 45220, USA
Am J Med 117:738-46. 2004....
- Impact of morbid obesity on medical expenditures in adultsD E Arterburn
Health Services Research and Development, Cincinnati Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH, USA
Int J Obes (Lond) 29:334-9. 2005....
- BMI trajectories among the severely obese: results from an electronic medical record populationEdwin S Wong
Pharmaceutical Outcomes Research and Policy Program, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 20:2107-12. 2012..Our results also suggest that once the 35 BMI threshold is reached, individuals will continue to remain severely obese, especially at younger ages...
- Decision modeling to estimate the impact of gastric bypass surgery on life expectancy for the treatment of morbid obesityDaniel P Schauer
University of Cincinnati Medical Center, Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45267 0535, USA
Arch Surg 145:57-62. 2010..To create a decision analytic model to estimate the balance between treatment risks and benefits for patients with morbid obesity...
- Examining the BMI-mortality relationship using fractional polynomialsEdwin S Wong
Pharmaceutical Outcomes Research and Policy Program, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
BMC Med Res Methodol 11:175. 2011..This approach was then compared against other commonly used regression models...
- A multisite study of long-term remission and relapse of type 2 diabetes mellitus following gastric bypassDavid E Arterburn
Group Health Research Institute, 1730 Minor Ave, Suite 1600, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
Obes Surg 23:93-102. 2013..The goal of this study was to examine the long-term rates and clinical predictors of diabetes remission and relapse among patients undergoing gastric bypass...
- Body mass index measurement and obesity prevalence in ten U.S. health plansDavid E Arterburn
Group Health Research Institute, Seattle, Washington 98101, USA
Clin Med Res 8:126-30. 2010..S. health plans to annually report the frequency of BMI and BMI percentile measurement among all adults and children who had at least one outpatient visit during the past two years...
- Child obesity associated with social disadvantage of children's neighborhoodsH Mollie Greves Grow
University of Washington and Seattle Children s Research Institute, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
Soc Sci Med 71:584-91. 2010..S. urban county. These results contribute new information on relationships between broader social and economic context and child obesity risk using robust spatial analyses...
- Health-care expenditures of overweight and obese males and females in the medical expenditures panel survey by age cohortJanice F Bell
Department of Health Services, School of Public Health, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 19:228-32. 2011..Expenditures associated with obesity exceed those associated with overweight. Further research is required to elucidate factors underlying the differences by sex...