Affiliation: University of New Mexico
- Expanding access to hepatitis C virus treatment--Extension for Community Healthcare Outcomes (ECHO) project: disruptive innovation in specialty careSanjeev Arora
University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center, Project ECHO, Albuquerque, NM, USA
Hepatology 52:1124-33. 2010....
- Outcomes of treatment for hepatitis C virus infection by primary care providersSanjeev Arora
Department of Internal Medicine, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, USA
N Engl J Med 364:2199-207. 2011..With the use of video-conferencing technology, the ECHO program trains primary care providers to treat complex diseases...
- Treatment of chronic hepatitis C patients with persistently normal alanine aminotransferase levels with the combination of peginterferon alpha-2a (40 kDa) plus ribavirin: impact on health-related quality of lifeSanjeev Arora
Department of Internal Medicine, University of New Mexico School of Medicine, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87131 0001, USA
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 21:406-12. 2006..HRQoL in the present population was also compared with HRQoL in patients with elevated ALT levels, observed in a previous study...
- Academic health center management of chronic diseases through knowledge networks: Project ECHOSanjeev Arora
Department of Medicine, University of New Mexico School of Medicine, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87131 0001, USA
Acad Med 82:154-60. 2007....
- Project ECHO: linking university specialists with rural and prison-based clinicians to improve care for people with chronic hepatitis C in New MexicoSanjeev Arora
University of New Mexico School of Medicine, Albuquerque, NM 87131 0001, USA
Public Health Rep 122:74-7. 2007..Project ECHO has increased access to state-of-the art hepatitis C virus care for patients living in rural areas or prisons. Because of its success with hepatitis C, this project is being expanded to other chronic medical conditions...
- Response to therapy with pegylated interferon and ribavirin for chronic hepatitis C in hispanics compared to non-Hispanic whitesStanley Yu
Department of Gastroenterology, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87131 0001, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 104:1686-92. 2009..The aim of this study was to compare the treatment responses of Hispanics and non-Hispanic whites (NHW) treated with pegylated interferon and ribavirin for chronic HCV...
- Virological response and safety outcomes in therapy-nai ve patients treated for chronic hepatitis C with taribavirin or ribavirin in combination with pegylated interferon alfa-2a: a randomized, phase 2 studyRobert G Gish
Department of Medicine, Division of Hepatology and Complex GI, Physicians Foundation, California Pacific Medical Center, San Francisco, CA, USA
J Hepatol 47:51-9. 2007..Taribavirin, a ribavirin prodrug, has shown a lower incidence of anemia. We sought to determine the efficacy and safety of taribavirin vs. ribavirin combined with pegylated interferon in patients with chronic hepatitis C (CHC)...
- Building capacity to reduce disparities in diabetes: training community health workers using an integrated distance learning modelKathleen Colleran
Department of Internal Medicine, University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center, Albuquerque, NM 87131 0001, USA
Diabetes Educ 38:386-96. 2012..The University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center has developed a rigorous diabetes training program for CHWs involving both distance and hands-on learning as part of Project ECHO™ (Extension for Community Healthcare Outcomes)...
- Taribavirin in the treatment of hepatitis CPaulina Deming
University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center, College of Pharmacy, MSC 09 5360, 1 University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM 87131 0001, USA
Expert Opin Investig Drugs 20:1435-43. 2011..The dosing strategy of taribavirin favors concentration within the liver to reduce treatment-limiting rates of anemia but may be insufficient to prevent virologic relapse...
- Partnering urban academic medical centers and rural primary care clinicians to provide complex chronic disease careSanjeev Arora
Project ECHO, University of New Mexico School of Medicine, Albuquerque, Sanjeev Arora, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 30:1176-84. 2011..As of March 2011, 298 Project ECHO teams across New Mexico have collaborated on more than 10,000 specialty care consultations for hepatitis C and other chronic diseases...
- The shocking cost of turnover in health careJ Deane Waldman
Health Sciences Center, Anderson Schools of Management, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM, USA
Health Care Manage Rev 29:2-7. 2004..Here, turnover includes hiring, training, and productivity loss costs. Minimum cost of turnover represented a loss of >5 percent of the total annual operating budget...
- Randomized evaluation of a web based interview process for urology resident selectionSatyan K Shah
Division of Urology, University of New Mexico School of Medicine, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87131, USA
J Urol 187:1380-4. 2012..We determined whether a web based interview process for resident selection could effectively replace the traditional on-site interview...
- Ethical issues in the treatment of hepatitis CCynthia M A Geppert
New Mexico Veterans Affairs Healthcare System, and Department of Psychiatry, University of New Mexico School of Medicine, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87131 0001, USA
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 3:937-44. 2005..These barriers to care have received little attention in the literature, and yet, knowledge of the ethical and social justice aspects of HCV treatment can enhance the quality of gastroenterologists' patient care...
- Chronic hepatitis C in pregnancyEliza M F Berkley
Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center, Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
Obstet Gynecol 112:304-10. 2008..To estimate outcomes, to determine whether appropriate follow-up was performed for pregnant patients with hepatitis C virus (HCV), and to show that maternal and neonatal complications would be higher in the HCV-positive group...
- Peginterferon alfa-2a does not alter the pharmacokinetics of methadone in patients with chronic hepatitis C undergoing methadone maintenance therapyMark Sulkowski
Viral Hepatitis Center, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, 1830 E Monument St, Room 448, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Clin Pharmacol Ther 77:214-24. 2005..Our objective was to quantify the pharmacokinetics of methadone and the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of peginterferon alfa-2a (40 kd) in patients with chronic hepatitis C undergoing methadone maintenance therapy...
- Widening the door: the evolution of hepatitis C treatment in patients with psychiatric disordersCynthia M A Geppert
Hepatology 46:957-9. 2007
- Project ECHO Extension for Community Healthcare OutcomesSanjeev Arora; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Expansion of Rural Health Care Research Infrastructure through the ECHO ModelSanjeev Arora; Fiscal Year: 2007..Research Arm on Diabetes, PI Kathleen Colleran, MD Research Arm on Pediatric Overweight, PI Keri Bolton Oetzel, PhD, MPH, LPC Research Arm on Buprenorphine, PI Miriam Komaromy, MD Research Arm on Medical Ethics, PI Anne Simpson, MD, CMD ..