ROBERT A ARONOWITZ
Affiliation: University of Pennsylvania
- The rise and fall of the lyme disease vaccines: a cautionary tale for risk interventions in American medicine and public healthROBERT A ARONOWITZ
University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Milbank Q 90:250-77. 2012....
- Do not delay: breast cancer and time, 1900-1970R A Aronowitz
University of Pennsylvania, Logan Hall, Rm 303, 249 S 36th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6304, USA
Milbank Q 79:355-86, III. 2001..Thus a powerful set of reinforcing perceptions and behaviors maintained the centrality of the "do not delay" campaign until the era of mammography...
- Framing disease: an underappreciated mechanism for the social patterning of healthRobert Aronowitz
History and Sociology of Science, University of Pennsylvania, Logan Hall, Room 303, 249 S 36th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6304, USA
Soc Sci Med 67:1-9. 2008..A better understanding of framing effects can lead to deploying them more deliberatively and flexibly to improve individual and population health...
- Pathways to depression: the impact of neighborhood violent crime on inner-city residents in Baltimore, Maryland, USAAaron Curry
Surveillance Data Incorporated, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Soc Sci Med 67:23-30. 2008..We conclude that community and structural level interventions are needed to decrease neighborhood crime and improve residents' perception of their neighborhood...
- The converged experience of risk and diseaseROBERT A ARONOWITZ
University of Pennsylvania, Logan Hall, Rm 303, 249 S 36th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Milbank Q 87:417-42. 2009....