Affiliation: University of Colorado
- Neurocognitive outcomes following neonatal encephalopathyJennifer Armstrong-Wells
Department of Pediatrics, Section of Neurology, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
NeuroRehabilitation 26:27-33. 2010....
- The methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase polymorphism (MTHFR c.677C>T) and elevated plasma homocysteine levels in a U.S. pediatric population with incident thromboembolismEmily Joachim
Department of Pediatrics and the Mountain States Regional Hemophilia and Thrombosis Center, University of Colorado and Children s Hospital Colorado, Aurora, CO, USA Department of Medicine and the Mountain States Regional Hemophilia and Thrombosis Center, University of Colorado and Children s Hospital Colorado, Aurora, CO, USA
Thromb Res 132:170-4. 2013..The objectives of this study were to determine the prevalences of elevated tHcy and MTHFR variant in a pediatric population with VTE or arterial ischemic stroke (AIS), and to determine associations with thrombus outcomes...
- The institution-based prospective inception cohort study: design, implementation, and quality assurance in pediatric thrombosis and stroke researchTimothy J Bernard
Department of Pediatrics, Section of Child Neurology, University of Colorado, Aurora, USA
Semin Thromb Hemost 39:10-4. 2013..Following multicenter validation, its findings can inform the design and execution of much-needed randomized controlled clinical trials...
- Towards a consensus-based classification of childhood arterial ischemic strokeTimothy J Bernard
Sections of Child Neurology and Hemophilia and Thrombosis Center, Department of Pediatrics, School of Public Health, University of Colorado, Aurora, CO, USA
Stroke 43:371-7. 2012..In contrast, current classification and nomenclature in childhood AIS are often overlapping or contradictory. Our purpose was to develop a comprehensive consensus-based classification system for childhood AIS...
- Late cytotoxic edema in 2 children with hemiplegia: hemiplegic migraine or stroke?Sita Kedia
Section of Child Neurology, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, CO, USA
Headache 52:674-8. 2012..Both sporadic and familial forms of HMs are genetically heterogenous with little information on neuroimaging during and after acute attacks. We report 2 cases of children with presumed HM and late cytotoxic edema...
- Craniocervical arterial dissection in children: diagnosis and treatmentNicholas V Stence
University of Colorado Hemophilia and Thrombosis Center, P O Box 6507, Aurora, CO, 80045 0507, USA
Curr Treat Options Neurol 13:636-48. 2011..We also educate our patients with CCAD about the signs and symptoms of recurrence and the importance of emergent evaluation...
- Inflammatory predictors of neurologic disability after preterm premature rupture of membranesJennifer Armstrong-Wells
Department of Pediatrics Neurology, University of Colorado School of Medicine Children s Hospital Colorado, Aurora, CO Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, CO Electronic address
Am J Obstet Gynecol 212:212.e1-9. 2015..We investigated whether differential patterns of cytokine markers in maternal and fetal plasma samples reflect subtypes of placental inflammation and neurological outcomes at 6 months in infants born to mothers with PPROM...
- Biomarkers of hypercoagulability and inflammation in childhood-onset arterial ischemic strokeTimothy J Bernard
Department of Pediatrics, Section of Child Neurology, Mountain States Regional Hemophilia and Thrombosis Center, University of Colorado Denver and The Children s Hospital, Aurora, CO 80045 0507, USA
J Pediatr 156:651-6. 2010....