Genomes and Genes
John P Aris
Affiliation: University of Florida
- Autophagy and leucine promote chronological longevity and respiration proficiency during calorie restriction in yeastJohn P Aris
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Florida, Health Science Center, 1600 SW Archer Road, Gainesville, FL 32610 0235, United States Electronic address
Exp Gerontol 48:1107-19. 2013....
- Amino Acid Homeostasis and Chronological Longevity in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeJohn P Aris
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, 32610 0235, USA
Subcell Biochem 57:161-86. 2012..Our goal in this chapter is to focus on mechanisms and pathways that link amino acid homeostasis, autophagy, and chronological longevity in yeast, and explore their relevance to aging and longevity in higher eukaryotes...
- Autophagy and amino acid homeostasis are required for chronological longevity in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeAshley L Alvers
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Health Science Center, University of Florida, Gainesville, 32610 0235, USA
Aging Cell 8:353-69. 2009..In general, this indicates that activation of GAAC reduces CLS whereas suppression of GAAC extends CLS in minimal medium. These findings demonstrate important roles for autophagy and amino acid homeostasis in determining CLS in yeast...
- New insights into the role of mitochondria in aging: mitochondrial dynamics and moreArnold Y Seo
Department of Aging and Geriatric Research, College of Medicine, Institute on Aging, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32611, USA
J Cell Sci 123:2533-42. 2010....
- Acetyl-coenzyme A synthetase 2 is a nuclear protein required for replicative longevity in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeAlaric A Falcon
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Health Science Center, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32610 0235, USA
Mol Cell Biochem 333:99-108. 2010..These findings indicate that Acs2p-mediated synthesis of acetyl-CoA in the nucleus functions to promote rDNA silencing and replicative longevity in yeast...
- Regulation of Yeast Life SpanJohn Aris; Fiscal Year: 2006..Such interventions would have many applications in human health, from treatment of human diseases to increasing quality of life for the elderly. ..