Affiliation: University at Buffalo
- In vitro induction of immunoglobulin A (IgA)- and IgM-secreting plasma blasts by cholera toxin depends on T-cell help and is mediated by CD154 up-regulation and inhibition of gamma interferon synthesisSergio Arce
The Department of Microbiology and Immunology, School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, University at Buffalo, SUNY, 138 Farber Hall, 3435 Main St, Buffalo, NY 14214, USA
Infect Immun 75:1413-23. 2007..Neither LT-IIa or LT-IIb had these effects, indicating that type II enterotoxins augment Ab responses by other mechanisms...
- Differential binding of Escherichia coli enterotoxins LT-IIa and LT-IIb and of cholera toxin elicits differences in apoptosis, proliferation, and activation of lymphoid cellsSergio Arce
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, The University of Buffalo, State University of New York at Buffalo, 138 Farber Hall, 3435 Main St, Buffalo, NY 12214, USA
Infect Immun 73:2718-27. 2005..Thus, LT-IIa, LT-IIb, and CT exhibit distinguishable immunomodulatory properties which are likely dependent upon their capacities to recognize different ganglioside receptors on lymphocytes...
- Mutants of type II heat-labile enterotoxin LT-IIa with altered ganglioside-binding activities and diminished toxicity are potent mucosal adjuvantsHesham F Nawar
The Witebsky Center for Microbial Pathogenesis and Immunology, The Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University at Buffalo, Buffalo, New York 14214, USA
Infect Immun 75:621-33. 2007..LT-IIa(T14I) and LT-IIa(T14D) had extremely diminished toxicities in a mouse Y1 adrenal cell bioassay and reduced abilities to induce the accumulation of intracellular cyclic AMP in a macrophage cell line...
- Mucosal adjuvant properties of mutant LT-IIa and LT-IIb enterotoxins that exhibit altered ganglioside-binding activitiesHesham F Nawar
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, State University of New York at Buffalo, 138 Farber Hall, 3435 Main St, Buffalo, NY 14214, USA
Infect Immun 73:1330-42. 2005..In contrast, LT-IIb(T13I) retained binding activity for T cells, B cells, and macrophages, indicating that this immunostimulatory mutant enterotoxin interacts with one or more unknown lymphoid cell receptors...
- Regulation of CXCR3 and CXCR4 expression during terminal differentiation of memory B cells into plasma cellsGwendolin Muehlinghaus
Deutsches Rheumaforschungszentrum, Department for Humoral Immunology, Schumannstrasse 21 22, D 10117 Berlin, Germany
Blood 105:3965-71. 2005..Once induced in memory B cells, CXCR3 expression remains part of the individual cellular memory...
- CD38 low IgG-secreting cells are precursors of various CD38 high-expressing plasma cell populationsSergio Arce
Deutsches Rheuma ForschungsZentrum Berlin, Schumannstrasse 20 21, D 10117 Berlin, Germany
J Leukoc Biol 75:1022-8. 2004..These data are compatible with a multistep model for plasma cell differentiation and imply that a common CD38 low IgG-secreting precursor gives rise to a diverse plasma cell compartment...
- Plasma cell survival is mediated by synergistic effects of cytokines and adhesion-dependent signalsGiuliana Cassese
Department for Humoral Immunology, Deutsches Rheumaforschungszentrum Berlin, Berlin, Germany
J Immunol 171:1684-90. 2003....
- The role of long-lived plasma cells in autoimmunitySergio Arce
German Rheumatism Research Center, Berlin, Germany
Immunobiology 206:558-62. 2002..Here, we discuss the potential involvement of long-lived plasma cells in the pathogenesis of autoimmune disease and the consequences it has for the development of effective therapeutic strategies...
- Chemotactic responsiveness toward ligands for CXCR3 and CXCR4 is regulated on plasma blasts during the time course of a memory immune responseAnja E Hauser
Deutsches Rheuma ForschungsZentrum Berlin, Germany
J Immunol 169:1277-82. 2002..e., CXCR3 and CXCR4, in the regulation of plasma blast migration into the bone marrow and/or inflamed tissues...
- Humoral immunity and long-lived plasma cellsRudolf A Manz
Department for Humoral Immunology, German Arthritis Research Centre, Berlin, Schumannstrasse 21 22, Berlin, Germany
Curr Opin Immunol 14:517-21. 2002....