Affiliation: University of California
- Association between individual differences in self-reported emotional resilience and the affective perception of neutral facesEstibaliz Arce
Department of Psychiatry, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92037 0985, United States
J Affect Disord 114:286-93. 2009..We used a novel experimental paradigm to test the hypothesis that highly resilient individuals show a judgment bias towards positive emotions...
- Escitalopram effects on insula and amygdala BOLD activation during emotional processingEstibaliz Arce
Department of Psychiatry, Laboratory of Biology Dynamics and Theoretical Medicine, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 196:661-72. 2008..The amygdala and insular cortex are integral to the processing of emotionally salient stimuli. We have shown in healthy volunteers that an anxiolytic agent, lorazepam, dose-dependently attenuates activation of limbic structures...
- Lorazepam dose-dependently decreases risk-taking related activation in limbic areasEstibaliz Arce
Department of Psychiatry, Laboratory of Biological Dynamics and Theoretical Medicine, University of California San Diego, 8950 Villa La Jolla Dr, Suite C213, La Jolla, CA 92037 0985, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 189:105-16. 2006..Several studies have examined the role of different neurotransmitter systems in modulating risk-taking behavior...
- Anxiety positive subjects show altered processing in the anterior insula during anticipation of negative stimuliAlan N Simmons
Department of Psychiatry, University of California San Diego, San Diego, California 92161, USA
Hum Brain Mapp 32:1836-46. 2011..These results are consistent with the hypothesis that anxiety is related to greater anticipatory reactivity in the brain and that there may be functional asymmetries in the brain that interact with psychiatric traits...
- Anterior cingulate cortex and benefit of predictive cueing on response inhibition in stimulant dependent individualsDavid S Leland
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Diego, USA
Biol Psychiatry 63:184-90. 2008..The need to inhibit behavior is often forewarned by cues that do not call for immediate inhibition. We sought to determine whether such cues would engage the ACC and improve inhibition in MD individuals...
- Increased amygdala activation is related to heart rate during emotion processing in adolescent subjectsTony T Yang
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Diego, United States
Neurosci Lett 428:109-14. 2007..Finally, the results of the present study lay the foundation for future research to investigate whether adolescents with mood or anxiety disorders show an altered coupling between processing emotionally salient events and ANS activity...
- Impulsivity: a reviewEstibaliz Arce
University of California San Diego, La Jolla, USA
Psicothema 18:213-20. 2006..Finally, we present a brief description of some instruments used to measure impulsivity in both animal and human literature and its relationship with decision-making processes...
- Individuals with schizophrenia present hypo- and hyperactivation during implicit cueing in an inhibitory taskEstibaliz Arce
Laboratory of Biological Dynamics and Theoretical Medicine, University of California San Diego, CA 92093 0985, USA
Neuroimage 32:704-13. 2006..The primary purpose of this investigation was to assess the neural correlates of implicit cueing during an inhibitory task in schizophrenia when performance accuracy was matched with healthy comparison subjects...
- Young adult stimulant users' increased striatal activation during uncertainty is related to impulsivityDavid S Leland
Laboratory of Biological Dynamics and Theoretical Medicine, Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Diego, USA
Neuroimage 33:725-31. 2006..Drug. Alcohol Depend. 78, 83-90). Since outcome uncertainty is a critical element of risk, we investigated whether such individuals have different neural responses to uncertainty than their stimulant-naive peers...
- Subchronic SSRI administration reduces insula response during affective anticipation in healthy volunteersAlan N Simmons
University of California, San Diego, CA 92161 0151B, USA
Int J Neuropsychopharmacol 12:1009-20. 2009....
- Escitalopram attenuates posterior cingulate activity during self-evaluation in healthy volunteersScott C Matthews
Research Service, Veterans Affairs San Diego Healthcare System, San Diego, CA 92161, USA
Psychiatry Res 182:81-7. 2010..These results show that SSRIs change medial cortical activity and may alter self-evaluation...
- Dissociation of inhibition from error processing using a parametric inhibitory task during functional magnetic resonance imagingScott C Matthews
Laboratory of Biological Dynamics and Theoretical Medicine, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, California, USA
Neuroreport 16:755-60. 2005....
- Hippocampal structural asymmetry in unsuccessful psychopathsAdrian Raine
Department of Psychology, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California 90089-1061, USA
Biol Psychiatry 55:185-91. 2004....