James V Aquavella
Affiliation: University of Rochester
- Keratoprosthesis: the Dohlman-Doane deviceJames V Aquavella
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Rochester Eye Institute, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Box 659, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 140:1032-1038. 2005..To determine the usefulness of the Dohlman-Doane type I keratoprosthesis for visual rehabilitation in cases of poor prognosis for traditional penetrating keratoplasty...
- Keratoprosthesis: current techniquesJames V Aquavella
University of Rochester Eye Institute, Rochester, MN, USA
Cornea 25:656-62. 2006..To compare and contrast the techniques and results of keratoprosthesis (KPro) using the Cardona device (1975-1985) with those related to the use of the Dohlman-Doane type 1 device (2003-2005)...
- Pediatric keratoprosthesisJames V Aquavella
University of Rochester Eye Institute, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
Ophthalmology 114:989-94. 2007..To describe the authors' experience using keratoprosthesis to treat pediatric corneal opacity...
- Infectious endophthalmitis in adult eyes receiving Boston type I keratoprosthesisRajeev S Ramchandran
Flaum Eye Institute, University of Rochester Medical Center, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Box 659, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Ophthalmology 119:674-81. 2012..To report the clinical characteristics of infectious endophthalmitis after Boston type I keratoprosthesis (K-Pro) implantation...
- Novel formulation of glycerin 1% artificial tears extends tear film break-up time compared with Systane lubricant eye dropsWilliam G Gensheimer
Department of Ophthalmology, Flaum Eye Institute, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
J Ocul Pharmacol Ther 28:473-8. 2012..3%) and polyethylene glycol (0.4%) (Systane(®) Lubricant Eye Drops; Alcon, Fort Worth, TX)...
- Integrated multimodal metrology for objective and noninvasive tear evaluationRanjini Kottaiyan
University of Rochester Flaum Eye Institute, Ocular Surface Laboratory, Rochester, New York 14610, USA
Ocul Surf 10:43-50. 2012..The multimodal deployment of these four components in the controlled chamber will assist in better differentiating the various clinical dry eye entities and will lead to the development of specific dry eye treatments...
- Phantom study of tear film dynamics with optical coherence tomography and maximum-likelihood estimationJinxin Huang
Department of Physics and Astronomy, University of Rochester, Rochester, New York 14627, USA
Opt Lett 38:1721-3. 2013..Finally, the estimator is validated with a digital tear-film dynamics phantom. ..
- Noninvasive, objective, multimodal tear dynamics evaluation of 5 over-the-counter tear drops in a randomized controlled trialCynthia I Tung
Ocular Surface Laboratory, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY, USA
Cornea 31:108-14. 2012..To assess the ability of a noninvasive, objective, multimodal system to compare the efficacy and optical quality of 4 different groups of 5 over-the-counter tear drops...
- A safe Nd:YAG retroprosthetic membrane removal technique for keratoprosthesisGarrick Chak
Flaum Eye Institute, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Cornea 29:1169-72. 2010..To describe a technique for Nd:YAG laser photodiscission of retroprosthetic membrane (RPM) in keratoprosthesis patients that minimizes damage to the optic...
- Management of exposure keratopathy associated with severe craniofacial traumaZoë R Williams
University of Rochester Medical Center, University of Rochester Eye Institute, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
J Cataract Refract Surg 33:1647-50. 2007..To our knowledge, calculation of IOL power through a scleral lens has not been described...
- Effect of blinking on tear dynamicsJayachandra R Palakuru
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Rochester, Rochester, New York, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 48:3032-7. 2007..Optical coherence tomography (OCT) was used to study the impact of blinking on tear dynamics...
- Keratoprosthesis in the treatment of severe ocular traumaJames V Aquavella
Can J Ophthalmol 43:153-5. 2008
- The Boston keratoprosthesis in herpetic keratitisBilal F Khan
Department of Cornea and Refractive Surgery, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Arch Ophthalmol 125:745-9. 2007..To evaluate the role of an artificial cornea (Boston Keratoprosthesis [KPro]) in herpetic corneal graft failures...
- Outcomes of Boston keratoprosthesis in aniridia: a retrospective multicenter studyEsen Karamursel Akpek
Wilmer Eye Institute, The Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 144:227-231. 2007..To evaluate the long-term outcomes of keratoprosthesis as an alternative surgical procedure in the management of aniridic keratopathy...
- Histopathologic and immunologic aspects of alphacor artificial corneal failureMarco Coassin
Wilmer Institute, The Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 144:699-704. 2007..To describe the histopathologic and immunologic characteristics of late artificial corneal failure in a small series of patients who underwent AlphaCor implantation and to elucidate the mechanisms involved...