Affiliation: University of North Carolina at Greensboro
- Sexual mixing, drug exchanges, and infection risk among long-haul truck driversYorghos Apostolopoulos
Department of Public Health Education, School of Health and Human Sciences, University of North Carolina at Greensboro, Greensboro, NC 27402, USA
J Community Health 38:385-91. 2013..The comprehensive delineation of the role of long-haul trucking in potential disease spread is required for the development of effective STI/HIV prevention programs for populations of interest...
- Worksite-induced morbidities among truck drivers in the United StatesYorghos Apostolopoulos
Department of Public Health Education, University of North Carolina at Greensboro, Greensboro, NC 27402 6170, USA
AAOHN J 58:285-96. 2010..Elevated morbidity risks suggest the need for the design and implementation of systematic epidemiological research and environmental interventions in the transport sector...
- Cruising for truckers on highways and the internet: sexual networks and infection riskYorghos Apostolopoulos
Department of Public Health Education, School of Health and Human Performance, University of North Carolina Greensboro, NC 27402 6170, USA
AIDS Educ Prev 23:249-66. 2011....
- Sex work in trucking milieux: "lot lizards," truckers, and riskYorghos Apostolopoulos
University of North Carolina at Greensboro, NC, USA
Nurs Forum 47:140-52. 2012..Long-haul truckers often engage in risk-laden sexual mixing and drug exchanges with female sex workers while on the road, which increase their vulnerability to sexually transmitted infections/blood borne infections (STI/BBI)...
- Active living in the trucking sector: environmental barriers and health promotion strategiesYorghos Apostolopoulos
Dept of Public Health Education, University of North Carolina at Greensboro, USA
J Phys Act Health 9:259-69. 2012....
- Occupational stressors and the mental health of truckersMona Shattell
University of North Carolina at Greensboro, School of Nursing, Greensboro, North Carolina 27402, USA mona
Issues Ment Health Nurs 31:561-8. 2010..Therefore, mental health promotion and treatment for truckers is an important area of concern and must be examined within the broader context of the transportation environment...
- Human rights and health disparities for migrant workers in the UAESevil Sonmez
Bryan School of Business and Economics, University of North Carolina at Greensboro, Greensboro, NC 27412, USA
Health Hum Rights 13:E17-35. 2011....