Ester Carolina Apesoa-Varano
Affiliation: University of California
- Shards of sorrow: Older men's accounts of their depression experienceEster Carolina Apesoa-Varano
University of California, Davis, United States Electronic address
Soc Sci Med 124:1-8. 2015..Depression in older men is characterized by an ongoing negotiation of limited statuses and roles given dominant conceptions of masculinity. ..
- The promise of mixed-methods for advancing latino health researchEster Carolina Apesoa-Varano
Betty Irene Moore School of Nursing, University of California, Davis, 4610 X Street, 4202L, Sacramento, CA, 95817, USA
J Cross Cult Gerontol 28:267-82. 2013....
- Curing and caring: the work of primary care physicians with dementia patientsEster Carolina Apesoa-Varano
University of California, Davis, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
Qual Health Res 21:1469-83. 2011..However, caring is difficult to uphold because of time constraints, emotional burden, and jurisdictional issues. Thus, the care model remains secondary and temporary...
- Falling through the cracks: gaps in depression treatment among older Mexican-origin and white menLadson Hinton
Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of California Davis, Sacramento, CA, USA
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 27:1283-90. 2012....
- Clinician approaches and strategies for engaging older men in depression careEster Carolina Apesoa-Varano
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of California, Davis, CA, USA
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 18:586-95. 2010..The authors contribute to previous research by identifying facilitators of care for older men from the perspective of clinicians...