Rajender R Aparasu
Affiliation: University of Houston
- Aparasu R, Chatterjee S, Chen H. Antipsychotic Use and Risk of Nursing Home Admission Among Dual-Eligible Medicare Beneficiaries: A Propensity-Matched Study. Drugs Real World Outcomes. 2015;2:61-71 pubmed..Given the safety concerns with atypical antipsychotics and their extensive use in the elderly, there is a need to be cautious while prescribing antipsychotics in the vulnerable elderly population. ..
- Bali V, Chatterjee S, Johnson M, Chen H, Carnahan R, Aparasu R. Risk of Cognitive Decline Associated With Paroxetine Use in Elderly Nursing Home Patients With Depression. Am J Alzheimers Dis Other Demen. 2016;31:678-686 pubmed..02, 95% CI: -0.16 to 0.21]) when compared to other SSRIs. There was no differential effect of paroxetine on cognition when compared to other SSRIs. ..
- Colavecchia A, Putney D, Johnson M, Aparasu R. Discharge medication complexity and 30-day heart failure readmissions. Res Social Adm Pharm. 2017;13:857-863 pubmed publisher..A significant association was found between computerized MRCI and 30-day HF readmission. Such predictive tools may allow pharmacists to prioritize patient care and optimize patient outcomes through medication therapy management. ..
- Chatterjee S, Bali V, Carnahan R, Chen H, Johnson M, Aparasu R. Risk of Mortality Associated with Anticholinergic Use in Elderly Nursing Home Residents with Depression. Drugs Aging. 2017;34:691-700 pubmed publisher..With increasing safety concerns, there is a significant need to optimize anticholinergic use in the vulnerable population. ..
- Rege S, Sura S, Aparasu R. Atypical antipsychotic prescribing in elderly patients with depression. Res Social Adm Pharm. 2018;14:645-652 pubmed publisher..Less than 4% of the elderly visits with depression were prescribed atypical antipsychotics. Both clinical and demographic factors contribute to antipsychotic prescribing in elderly patients with depression. ..