Luis F Angel
Affiliation: University of Texas Health Science Center
- Comparison of surgical and percutaneous dilational tracheostomyLuis F Angel
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care, Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, University of Texas Health Science Center, 7703 Floyd Curl Drive, San Antonio, TX 78230, USA
Clin Chest Med 24:423-9. 2003....
- Systematic review of the use of retrievable inferior vena cava filtersLuis F Angel
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX 78229, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 22:1522-1530.e3. 2011..To review the available literature on retrievable inferior vena cava (IVC) filters to examine the effectiveness and risks of these devices...
- Impact of a lung transplantation donor-management protocol on lung donation and recipient outcomesLuis F Angel
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Center for Epidemiology and Biostatistics, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, TX 78229
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 174:710-6. 2006..One of the limitations associated with lung transplantation is the lack of available organs...
- Lung transplantation for Williams-Campbell syndrome with a probable familial associationS Rodrigo Burguete
Division of Pulmonary Diseases and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, Texas 78229 3900, USA
Respir Care 57:1505-8. 2012..We report the first lung transplant with prolonged survival, approaching 10 years, in a patient with Williams-Campbell syndrome, and provide further evidence to support a familial association...
- Cardiac procedures in lung transplant recipients do not increase mortality in selected patientsScott B Johnson
University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, Texas, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 82:460-3; discussion 463-4. 2006....
- Status asthmaticus in the medical intensive care unit: a 30-year experienceJay I Peters
Department of Medicine, Pulmonary and Critical Care, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, 7704 Merton Minter Blvd 111E, San Antonio, TX 78229, USA
Respir Med 106:344-8. 2012..To investigate the characteristics, trends in management (permissive hypercapnia; mechanical ventilation (MV); neuromuscular blockade) and their impact on complications and outcomes in Status Asthmaticus (SA)...
- The patient who has undergone lung transplantation: Implications for respiratory careStephanie M Levine
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, Texas 78229, USA
Respir Care 51:392-402. 2006..Respiratory therapists play an instrumental role in assisting in the management of this group of patients in the pretransplant and post-transplant periods, and in their long-term management...
- Invited commentaryJohn Calhoon
Department of Surgery, The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, 7703 Floyd Curl Dr, MSC 7841, San Antonio, TX 78229 3900, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 79:1878. 2005
- Azithromycin in bronchiolitis obliterans: is the evidence strong enough?Luis F Angel
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 173:465-6; author reply 466. 2006
- Steroid infusion for severe pneumonia: not so fastMarcos I Restrepo
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 172:781; author reply 782-3. 2005
- Controversies in lung transplantation: are two lungs better than one?Denis Hadjiliadis
Division of Allergy, Pulmonary, and Critical Care, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Semin Respir Crit Care Med 27:561-6. 2006..The ultimate choice of operation will depend on donor and recipient characteristics and local expertise and waiting list issues...
- Primary graft failure: who is at risk?Stephanie M Levine
Chest 124:1190-2. 2003
- Repeat bedside percutaneous dilational tracheostomy is a safe procedureMarianne Meyer
Pulmonary Division, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Crit Care Med 30:986-8. 2002..The objective of this study was to assess the safety of percutaneous dilational tracheostomy in critically ill patients with a history of previous tracheostomy...