Kenneth A Andreoni
Affiliation: University of North Carolina
- Human CMV-IGIV (CytoGam) neutralizes human cytomegalovirus (HCMV) infectivity and prevents intracellular signal transduction after HCMV exposureK A Andreoni
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, USA
Transpl Infect Dis 3:25-30. 2001....
- Human cytomegalovirus hyperimmune globulin not only neutralizes HCMV infectivity, but also inhibits HCMV-induced intracellular NF-kappaB, Sp1, and PI3-K signaling pathwaysKenneth A Andreoni
Department of Surgery, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
J Med Virol 67:33-40. 2002..This suggests that HCMV hyperimmune globulin not only can inhibit viral infectivity, but can also prevent the abnormal cellular signaling that may induce unwanted cellular proliferation or cytokine synthesis...
- Incidence of donor renal fibromuscular dysplasia: does it justify routine angiography?Kenneth A Andreoni
Division of Transplantation, Department of Surgery, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
Transplantation 73:1112-6. 2002..Although CTA and MRA can detect some proximal moderate to severe arterial changes caused by fibromuscular dysplasia (FMD), mild and distal moderate FMD are not detected well without angiography...
- Laparoscopic incisional hernia repair in liver transplant and other immunosuppressed patientsKenneth A Andreoni
Department of Surgery, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 27599 7210, USA
Am J Transplant 2:349-54. 2002..In our initial series, laparoscopic mesh repair of incisional hernias is practical and safe in the abdominal organ transplant population with a low incidence of early recurrence and serious infections...
- Kidney and pancreas transplantation in the United States, 1996-2005K A Andreoni
Surgery, University of North Carolina Hospitals, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
Am J Transplant 7:1359-75. 2007..Pancreas underutilization appears to be an ongoing issue...
- The differential effect of race among pediatric kidney transplant recipients with focal segmental glomerulosclerosisKui Huang
Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7155, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 43:1082-90. 2004....
- Inhibition of human cytomegalovirus signaling and replication by the immunosuppressant FK778David L Evers
Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Antiviral Res 65:1-12. 2005..Our results differ from descriptions of leflunomide acting as an inhibitor of HCMV cytoplasmic capsid formation. Additionally, this study indicates that DHODH may be an effective cellular antiviral target...
- Metastatic leiomyosarcoma mimicking polycystic liver diseaseKimberly L Beavers
Department of Medicine, University of North Carolina School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7080, USA
Liver Transpl 8:1192-4. 2002
- Survival of liver transplant candidates with acute renal failure receiving renal replacement therapyLeslie P Wong
Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, Department of Medicine, University of North Carolina School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7155, USA
Kidney Int 68:362-70. 2005..Renal replacement therapy (RRT) is a common bridge to liver transplant despite a paucity of supportive data. We investigated our single-center patient population to determine efficacy of RRT in liver transplant candidates with ARF...
- Tacrolimus dosing requirements and concentrations in adult living donor liver transplant recipientsDavid J Taber
Department of Pharmacy, University of North Carolina School of Pharmacy and Medicine, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Liver Transpl 8:219-23. 2002..1% v 9.2%; P <.01). In conclusion, LRD recipients have significantly decreased tacrolimus dosing requirements compared with CAD recipients during the first 3 months posttransplantation despite having similar tacrolimus concentrations...
- The high-risk recipient: the Eighth Annual American Society of Transplant Surgeons' State-of-the-Art Winter SymposiumRandall S Sung
Department of Surgery, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Clin Transplant 24:23-8. 2010..These approaches can modify the impact of recipient risk on transplant outcomes and permit transplantation to be applied successfully to a greater variety of patients...
- Liver transplantation 27 years after bone marrow transplantation from the same living donorKenneth A Andreoni
N Engl J Med 350:2624-5. 2004
- Late post-transplant anemia in adult renal transplant recipients. An under-recognized problem?Peter D Yorgin
Department of Pediatrics, Section of Pediatric Nephrology, Lucile Salter Packard Children s Hospital, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94304, USA
Am J Transplant 2:429-35. 2002..These findings should be interpreted in view of the fact that the newer immunosuppressive agents may have an even more profound effect on anemia and its recovery after transplantation...