Genomes and Genes
Michelle A Anderson
Affiliation: University of Michigan
- Alcohol and tobacco lower the age of presentation in sporadic pancreatic cancer in a dose-dependent manner: a multicenter studyMichelle A Anderson
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 107:1730-9. 2012..The objective of this study was to examine the association between tobacco and alcohol dose and type and the age of onset of pancreatic adenocarcinoma (PancCa)...
- Reliable gene expression measurements from fine needle aspirates of pancreatic tumors: effect of amplicon length and quality assessmentMichelle A Anderson
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology, University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0362, USA
J Mol Diagn 12:566-75. 2010..Fine needle aspirates (FNAs) from pancreatic masses were studied to define potential causes of RNA degradation and develop methods for accurately measuring gene expression...
- Pancreatic cancer serum detection using a lectin/glyco-antibody array methodChen Li
Department of Chemistry, The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
J Proteome Res 8:483-92. 2009..These data suggest that differential glycosylation patterns detected on high-throughput lectin glyco-antibody microarrays are a promising biomarker approach for the early detection of pancreatic cancer...
- ABO blood group and chronic pancreatitis risk in the NAPS2 cohortJulia B Greer
Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, Department of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Pancreas 40:1188-94. 2011..Our goal was to determine whether ABO blood group may affect the risk of chronic pancreatitis...
- Glycoprotein microarrays with multi-lectin detection: unique lectin binding patterns as a tool for classifying normal, chronic pancreatitis and pancreatic cancer seraJia Zhao
Department of Chemistry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, Department of Statistics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
J Proteome Res 6:1864-74. 2007..These altered glycan structures may have utility for the differential diagnosis of pancreatic cancer and chronic pancreatitis and identify critical differences between biological samples from patients with different clinical conditions...
- Plasma Shh levels reduced in pancreatic cancer patientsMohamad El-Zaatari
Department of Internal Medicine Gastroenterology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 2200, USA
Pancreas 41:1019-28. 2012..The goal of this study was to develop an enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay to detect human Shh in blood and determine its levels in subjects with and without pancreatic cancer...
- A multiplexed bead assay for profiling glycosylation patterns on serum protein biomarkers of pancreatic cancerChen Li
Department of Chemistry, The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Electrophoresis 32:2028-35. 2011..For the ConA response, a decline in the signal for both proteins in the serum samples was found to distinguish pancreatic cancer from normal controls and renal cell carnoma samples (A1BG, p<0.05; and SAP, p<0.0001)...
- Common genetic variants in the CLDN2 and PRSS1-PRSS2 loci alter risk for alcohol-related and sporadic pancreatitisDavid C Whitcomb
Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Nat Genet 44:1349-54. 2012..These results could partially explain the high frequency of alcohol-related pancreatitis in men (male hemizygote frequency is 0.26, whereas female homozygote frequency is 0.07)...
- Pancreatic cancer patients who smoke and drink are diagnosed at younger agesRandall E Brand
Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, University of Pittsburgh and University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Hillman Cancer Center, 5117 Centre Avenue, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 7:1007-12. 2009....
- CEACAM1, a novel serum biomarker for pancreatic cancerDiane M Simeone
Department of Surgery, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Pancreas 34:436-43. 2007..We recently observed elevated expression of CEACAM1 in pancreatic adenocarcinomas and sought to determine whether serum CEACAM1 levels were elevated in pancreatic cancer patients...
- Screening of glycosylation patterns in serum using natural glycoprotein microarrays and multi-lectin fluorescence detectionTasneem H Patwa
Department of Chemistry, The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 1055, USA
Anal Chem 78:6411-21. 2006..This approach may be useful to identify potential biomarkers in cancer...
- A clinical and economic evaluation of endoscopic ultrasound for patients at risk for familial pancreatic adenocarcinomaJoel H Rubenstein
Ann Arbor Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Ann Arbor, MI 48105, USA
Pancreatology 7:514-25. 2007..Approximately 50% of 1st-degree relatives (FDRs) have endoscopic ultrasound (EUS) findings of chronic pancreatitis. We modeled the natural history of these patients to compare 4 management strategies...
- Label-free relative quantification of alpha-2-macroglobulin site-specific core-fucosylation in pancreatic cancer by LC-MS/MSZhenxin Lin
Department of Chemistry, The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Electrophoresis 35:2108-15. 2014..This method provides a platform to quantify fucosylation levels and can be used to study site-specific core-fucosylation aberrations in other glycoproteins for other diseases. ..
- Alcohol and smoking as risk factors in an epidemiology study of patients with chronic pancreatitisGregory A Cote
Department of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 9:266-73; quiz e27. 2011..We investigated the epidemiology of alcohol-related CP at tertiary US referral centers...
- Factors associated with symptom response to pyloric injection of botulinum toxin in a large series of gastroparesis patientsRadoslav Coleski
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan Health System, 3912 Taubman Center, 5362, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Dig Dis Sci 54:2634-42. 2009..Subgroup analyses defined subgroups likely to benefit. These findings provide the foundation for large, controlled trials of high-dose botulinum toxin in selected gastroparesis subsets...
- Comparative serum glycoproteomics using lectin selected sialic acid glycoproteins with mass spectrometric analysis: application to pancreatic cancer serumJia Zhao
Department of Chemistry, The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 1055, USA
J Proteome Res 5:1792-802. 2006..This strategy offers the ability to quantitatively analyze changes in glycoprotein abundance and detect the extent of glycosylation alteration as well as the carbohydrate structure that correlate with cancer...
- Endoscopic Transpapillary Gallbladder Stent Placement Is Safe and Effective in High-Risk Patients Without CirrhosisSean T McCarthy
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan, 3912 Taubman Center, 1500 E Medical Center Drive, Ann Arbor, MI, 48109, USA
Dig Dis Sci 60:2516-22. 2015..Endoscopic transpapillary gallbladder stent (ETGS) placement is a proposed minimally invasive alternative to cholecystectomy in high-risk patients with symptomatic gallbladder disease...
- Self-expanding metal stents (SEMS) provide superior outcomes compared to plastic stents for pancreatic cancer patients undergoing neoadjuvant therapyMegan A Adams
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan Health System
J Gastrointest Oncol 3:309-13. 2012..We hypothesized that placement of metal rather than plastic stents in such patients results in lower rates of stent-related complications, leading to improved clinical outcomes...
- Nonmucinous cystic pancreatic neoplasmsMichelle A Anderson
Endoscopic Ultrasound Program, Division of Gastroeterology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan Medical Center, 3912 Taubman Center 0362, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0632, USA
Gastrointest Endosc Clin N Am 12:769-79, viii. 2002..These rare cystic tumors may or may not be accompanied by excess hormone production. The prognosis for the rare cystic tumors is good if they are resected successfully...
- Initial experience with an electronic radial array echoendoscope: randomized comparison with a mechanical sector scanning echoendoscope in humansMichelle A Anderson
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, Endoscopic Ultrasound Program, University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 56:573-7. 2002..The performance of this prototype instrument was compared with that of a mechanical radial echoendoscope in patients...