Affiliation: University of Texas at Arlington
- Defining the severity of workplace violent events among medical and non-medical samples. A pilot studyC Anderson
University of Texas at Arlington, P O Box 19407, Arlington, TX 76109, USA
Gastroenterol Nurs 24:225-30. 2001..Gastroenterology nurses can benefit from this study by raising their sensitivity to and awareness of workplace violence in the practice setting...
- Workplace violence: are some nurses more vulnerable?Cheryl Anderson
School of Nursing, University of Texas at Arlington, Arlington, Texas 76019, USA
Issues Ment Health Nurs 23:351-66. 2002....
- Benefits of comprehensive inpatient education and discharge planning combined with outpatient support in elderly patients with congestive heart failureCheryl Anderson
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Bridgeport Hospital, Bridgeport, CT 06610, USA
Congest Heart Fail 11:315-21. 2005..The costs to implement an inpatient education program were negligible, at $158 per subject. There was no difference in discharge medications or medical management protocols that would have influenced these results...
- Training efforts to reduce reports of workplace violence in a community health care facilityCheryl Anderson
School of Nursing, University of Texas at Arlington, Arlington, TX 76019, USA
J Prof Nurs 22:289-95. 2006..Finding high rates of emotional-verbal abuse across work areas and support for training benefits enhance the need for training programs with an increased focus on emotional-verbal WPV...
- Psychological birth trauma in adolescents experiencing an early birthCheryl Anderson
College of Nursing, University of Texas at Arlington, Arlington, TX, USA
MCN Am J Matern Child Nurs 38:170-6. 2013..To explore and compare associations among demographics, childbirth-related stressors, depressive symptoms, gestational age, and psychological birth trauma (PBT) among adolescents...
- Impact of traumatic birth experience on Latina adolescent mothersCheryl Anderson
University of Texas at Arlington, School of Nursing, Arlington, Texas 76019, USA
Issues Ment Health Nurs 31:700-7. 2010..One in 3 adult mothers appraises her childbirth experience as traumatic, with up to 10% of women reporting a severe traumatic stress response post-delivery. The impact of the birth experience on adolescents is unknown...
- Do teenage mothers experience childbirth as traumatic?Cheryl Anderson
University of Texas, Arlington, School of Nursing, Arlington 76019 0407, USA
J Psychosoc Nurs Ment Health Serv 46:21-4. 2008..Literature on adolescent childbearing, posttraumatic stress, and postpartum depression is also reviewed...
- Evolving out of violence: an application of the Transtheoretical Model of Behavioral ChangeCheryl Anderson
University of Texas at Arlington, School of Nursing, 76019, USA
Res Theory Nurs Pract 17:225-40. 2003..Research findings supported the TTM as a useful guide to alert health care professionals of the readiness level of women experiencing IPV and determine effective interventions...
- Report of workplace violence by Hispanic nursesCheryl Anderson
School of Nursing, University of Texas at Arlington, USA
J Transcult Nurs 14:237-43. 2003..Recommendations include recognition of history of childhood and/or adult violence and gender as risk factors in orientation and health care-training programs for violence prevention...
- Battered & pregnant. A nursing challengeCheryl Anderson
University of Texas, Arlington, USA
AWHONN Lifelines 6:95-9. 2002
- Past victim, future victim?Cheryl Anderson
School of Nursing, University of Texas, Arlington, USA
Nurs Manage 33:26-30; quiz 31. 2002..To effectively reduce and prevent workplace violence, nurse managers can offer training sessions that include assessing risk for past and current victimization...
- Public health preparedness for mass-casualty events: a 2002 state-by-state assessmentN Clay Mann
Intermountain Injury Control Research Center, 615 Arapeen Drive, Suite 202, Salt Lake City, UT 84108 1284, USA
Prehosp Disaster Med 19:245-55. 2004..The objective of this study is to characterize state-level disaster readiness soon after September 2001 and correlate readiness with existing programs providing an organized response to medical emergencies...
- Critical care practicum: an essential component in baccalaureate nursing programsCarla Gross
Nursing Department, 136 Sudro Hall, North Dakota State University, Fargo, ND 58105, USA
Nurse Educ 29:199-202. 2004