C M Anderson
Affiliation: University of California
- Tobacco quitlines: looking back and looking aheadC M Anderson
University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 0905, USA
Tob Control 16:i81-6. 2007..Early research findings were quickly adopted in quitline practice, and future research to answer questions that have arisen through the implementation of quitlines will probably also find quick adoption...
- Infant temporal contrast sensitivity functions (tCSFs) mature earlier for luminance than for chromatic stimuli: evidence for precocious magnocellular development?K R Dobkins
Department of Psychology, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla 92093, USA
Vision Res 39:3223-39. 1999....
- Telephone counseling as adjuvant treatment for nicotine replacement therapy in a "real-world" settingS H Zhu
Cancer Center, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, California, 92093 0905 USA
Prev Med 31:357-63. 2000..However, how to do that in a "real world" is unclear. This paper reports results from a public health program that uses proactive telephone counseling as support for physician advice and provides adjuvant treatment for NRT users...
- Development of psychophysically-derived detection contours in L- and M-cone contrast spaceK R Dobkins
Department of Psychology, 0109, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Vision Res 41:1791-807. 2001....
- A centralised telephone service for tobacco cessation: the California experienceS H Zhu
University of California, San Diego 92093 0905, USA
Tob Control 9:II48-55. 2000..As many states, regions, and nations are contemplating various telephone programs as part of large scale anti-tobacco campaigns, this paper presents a practical model...
- The invariance of directional tuning with contrast and coherenceI Fine
Department of Psychology, UC San Diego, La Jolla, CA, USA
Vision Res 44:903-13. 2004..This model estimated a bandwidth of approximately 90 degrees for directionally selective mechanisms. Bandwidth was invariant across a wide range of contrasts and coherences, as predicted by models of contrast normalization...
- Perception of foreign cigarettes and their advertising in China: a study of college students from 12 universitiesS H Zhu
Cancer Center, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla 92093 0905, USA
Tob Control 7:134-40. 1998..To examine how deeply foreign cigarette advertising had penetrated the Chinese market when a new ban on cigarette advertising was enacted in February 1995...